Skip to main content

Happy Hippity Hoppity Easter!!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! 


Hope everyone has a great day and all the kids get lots of treats from the Easter rabbit.Also, can't forget that Easter dinner with all that delicious food.Yum!

For me, I got to celebrate Easter a day early and for today I get to spend some time with my boyfriend Dave.
Pretty good weekend I would say. I also, can't forget to mention that I was able to fit in a treat. I made a large batch of Easter Sugar Cookies to help celebrate all of this weekend.I had lots of fun icing them on Saturday morning with every one's help.Every one's creativity is represented in these cookies.


These were delicious Easter shaped sugar cookies with semisweet chocolate chips and decorated with colored icing.This was a super easy recipe that I adapted from a Hershey Chipits Valentines Hearts recipe.

I simply changed a couple ingredients.Replaced the butter with hard margarine and shortening with lard.However with these replacements I had to change up the chill time by 1 hour in the fridge and then 30 minutes in the freezer. The freezer always quickens up the process.Then of course I changed the cookie cutters to be my Easter and Spring cutters.I only had to make a few simple changes and it was completely painless :) The recipe gets an A+ from me.


Now on to the flavors and textures.Well this cookie kept it shape and thickness very well while baking.I would have to thank the chocolate chips for that because It prevented me from rolling out the dough to thin.Now the texture was very soft while slightly crunchy and melted in your mouth while warm.The flavor wasn't overly sweet and the chocolate chips gave that added dark chocolate flavor.Now the icing was the sweetness factor and paired quite well with these because it didn't make the treat overbearingly sweet.It also brought the decorating aspect to make them more colorful.They were super cute in the end to decorate and would I have to say my favorite iced is the carrots.

 

Anyways,I had lots of fun baking and decorating these.This review looks a little short compared to a lot of my other ones, but I want to spend my Easter Sunday having fun.Not that blogging is boring its just a different fun :).


Easter Chocolate Chip Iced Sugar Cookies

(Adapted from Hershey Chipits Home Tested Recipes, Chipits Valentines Hearts Recipe) 

1/2 cup hard margarine
1/2 cup tender flake lard

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips 

 In a large bowl,Beat hard margarine with lard.Add sugar and eggs,beat until light.Add flour,baking, salt and chocolate chips, mix well with a wooden spoon.

Separate dough into two halves,wrap and chill in fridge for 1 hour.After that place in freezer for 30 minutes to quicken the firming process.Be sure to check every 10 minutes to see if its firm.Time may vary.Don't want frozen.You want firm.Flour your work surface and Preheat oven to 375F.Take out one halve and roll out.About 1/4 inch or until reaches chocolate chip thickness.Cut with Easter cookie cutters and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
 
Place in oven and bake for 8 minutes.Watch carefully.Done when bottom and edges are golden brown and the tops spring back when touched.Cool on a rack.Makes about 3 dozen.Amount may vary based on the cutters.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...