Skip to main content

How To Create Mini Muffin Doughnut Bits



Remember when I reviewed those doughnut muffins and I mentioned how I would love to redo the recipe, for better results.Well just recently I had way more success with the recipe and I think its all because I had newer baking powder to work with and way more control over my mixing.These two aspects made such a big difference in the overall product and I'm surprised how well the recipe did even with the dramatic change of making these into mini muffin doughnut bits. Overall, I had better risen and structured muffin tops. Very few air holes and no tunnels, throughout the treat.This is a big difference compared to my last attempt and I'm moving up.


Now when I started my redo of this recipe I made sure to NOT double the ingredients because I knew the plan was to create mini doughnut bits.I made the right choice in doing this because I ended up with an acceptable amount of 36+ muffins and they were very successful in their appearance.They came out to be puffy smooth muffin tops that resembled round balls and they had a cake-like texture that was surprisingly similar to a deep fried version, excluding all that unhealthy oil.They also had a beautiful lightly golden color to them and I was so happy that these came out exactly as I pictured them.They weren't by any means perfect, but they were ten times better then my last muffins.

Since I had such a good experience in creating these muffins and having so many of them at the end of baking. I thought I should make an additional topping.So I gave one half of the mini's an cinnamon sugar coating and the other half vanilla glaze with chocolate sprinkles.The cinnamon sugar coating really bought out the flavor of the nutmeg in the muffins and the coating had a grainy sugar exterior.The vanilla glaze brought that see through white that had a smooth texture and the flavor was mildly sweet.These two coating were  all about creating those old fashion doughnut flavor everyone loves.They were great tasting and the colors were awesome.


Overall, I love these mini muffins and I can see these being a great replacement to an actual doughnut. They are a way healthier treat, have similar textures and you know exactly what's going in them. However there is one small downside to this recipe and its really how you feel about it.The measurements are not exactly even in metric or easy to convert into imperial.However I have made it easy for everyone that want to try this recipe out because I've given all measure examples in the recipe.So beside that small pain in the neck the recipe was way more successful this time and its all about me learning to better myself in creating a perfect muffin.I'm slowly getting there.

Just remember when you making muffins limit your mixing, sift your ingredients and always make sure your baking powder is up to date.These are extremely important rules for muffins based on what I've learned from past experiences.So I still recommend this recipe,especially in a mini format.Everyone loves doughnuts and don't you want to indulge on a treat that actually healthier for you then the real thing. So try this recipe out now and create your toppings!

Everyone have a great Sunday and hopefully its a beautiful day!



Baked Mini Doughnut Muffins Or Baked Doughnut Holes  
(Adapted from Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins)

36+ mini muffins

435ml all purpose flour(250ml+125ml+ 60ml)
7ml baking powder
2ml salt
2ml nutmeg
1ml cinnamon
185ml granulated sugar(125ml+ 60ml )
85ml oil
1 egg
185ml milk(125ml+ 60ml)

Topping:

60ml margarine
85ml white sugar
Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F
Mix flour,baking powder,salt,nutmeg and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
Make a well in the dry mix.
Crack egg in medium bowl,whisk.
Measure milk in liquid measure and add oil.
Add the milk mixture to the eggs.After add granulated sugar,whisk.
Pour liquid into well,fold, until just combined.
Grease mini muffin tins.Two would be best.
Full each cup 3/4 full.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.Until risen, touch test and toothpick test.Don't over cook, time varies with mini muffin.So watch them carefully and remove them when light golden brown and top spring-back.

Cinnamon Sugar Topping

Melt margarine in a small bowl.
Mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
Dip muffins in the melted margarine and then coat with the sugar mixture.Set aside.

Vanilla Glaze With Chocolate Sprinkles 


Mix icing sugar,vanilla and water together.Till reaches consistency of pourable.If to liquidity add more icing sugar and if to thick add more icing.Dip mini muffins into glaze,sit on plate and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...