Skip to main content

Create Gruesome,Frightening Fingers This Halloween!


Impress your guests,family,and friends this haunting Halloween, by serving up these simple and gruesome finger cookies.These spooky treats can be enjoyed any time of the day,especially for a creepy dessert.Maybe, you could serve these fingers in ice cream with a drizzle of strawberry syrup to create a body part, bloody ice cream.Woooo... That already sounds pretty creepy to me and if you love to freak people out then you will definitely have fun with these cookies. Just think?  you can decorate these fingers as scary and as gross as you want.So, are you interested in making these yet?


Well first off, lets start by being completely honest about the recipe.For me, I was quite impressed with how simple,quick and direct this recipe was to make.I also love the fact that this recipe is quite adaptable because its merely a basic sugar cookie.So with a really simple recipe like this we have lots of leeway,which gives everyone a chance to expand creativity and change it.So for me,I was happy with the ingredients and flavors;however went farther in my decorating process to create a more gruesome finger and less of the basic.


Decorating is the funnest part about this recipe,more then even eating.For me,It was actually quite a funny experience, since my family members got involved with the decorating process.They brought all their gruesome ideas to life by creating severed fingers,broken nails,rotten fingers and even scabs.It was quite a gruesome site;however wonderful because now I have many unique looking cookies that I can really creep people out with.These cookies will definitely impress a crowd and may even gross out a few out guest.Either way,its the Halloween spirit and that what its all about.Trust me,these will be gone in no time,because they may be creepy,but they are also delicious as well.Who knew fingers tasted so sweet? Hahaha ewwww...


Now what do they actually taste like,well once you get passed the initially gross factor you will take a bite and be reminded of a very familiar buttery,soft and melt in your mouth cookie,with just a touch of almond flavor.Then you will be hooked and will be coming back for seconds,maybe even thirds.You can never get full off fingers...ewwww.


These finger are great fun to create and trust me kids will love decorating these cookie fingers as well.Just let the creativity run wild when you just begin molding this dough into boney fingers and the ideas will just pop in your head in no time.This is a great last minute recipe for Halloween and easier then you actually may think.So check out the recipe below and be sure to share your creepy treats this Halloween!

Frightening Fingers



Adapted from Taste Of Home Ultimate Halloween Magazine
Recipe sent in by Natalie Hyde, Cambridge,Ontario.

1 cup unsalted butter,softened
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
Red decorating gel
1/2 cup sliced almonds

Optional:
Black decorating gel or black icing
Green decorating gel
Halloween sprinkles
Dried Cranberries
Frosting/icing



 Using my Kitchenaid mixer,I creamed the softened butter and confectioner sugar on medium.Then I added the egg and
extracts,beating on low.

Then I whisked together the flour,baking powder,and salt in a medium bowl.Then I gradually added it to the creamed mixture.


Then I divided the dough into fourths.Then I wrap each piece of dough with saran wrap and refrigerated for 30 minutes,until easy to handle.

   
Optional Choice: I took two pieces of the cut dough and placed them in the bowl.Then I added a few drops of green food coloring and used my hands to knead in the color evenly.Then I shape the dough into a ball and cut it in half to then wrap it into saran wrap to chill with the rest for 30 minutes.With this choice I ended up with some spooky green hands!,however it was very easy to wash off.

I worked with one piece of dough at a time.I rolled 1 inch size balls,shaping each into 3 inch x 1/2 inch fingers. 


Then using the flat tip of a table knife I made indentation on one end of each for fingernails.With the knife I made three slashes in the middle of each finger for knuckles.


Then I placed the undecorated fingers on a lightly greased cookie sheet.Baking at 325F at about 20-25 minutes,until lightly browned.For me,20 minutes was the best time.Cool,for 3 minutes and remove to wire racks to cool.


For decorating,I squeezed a small amount of red gel on the nail bed and gently pressed a sliced almond over gel for nail,allowing gel to ooze around nail.Serve.


For more gruesome decorating ideas: 

*Splitting sliced almonds in half to create a brittle broken nail*

*Using dried cranberries to place on the end of cookies to create  a severed finger*

* Using red decorating gel on nail to create a bloody finger*

*Using black decorating gel or icing to create a nail polish look along with a design,using sprinkles as well.

*Creating warts with decorating gel,along with the dried cranberries*

*Place dried cranberries or raisins on finger to create scabs*

*Using shiny sprinkles in place of the almonds to create a cool effect*

*Creating rotten fingers with the black decorating gel*

* For any broken cookies,use icing/frosting to stick the finger back together to create a broken finger.

* Dust a few fingers with confectioner sugar to create a moldy/old look*

There are tons of decorating ideas that can be created with these cookies. 

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...