Skip to main content

Celebrate Valentine's Day With These Sweet Hearts


Do you need a meaningful gift for your Valentine this year? How about creating a special homemade treat for them? If you're nodding yes. Then you should understand that nothing says I love you as well as care for you then putting the time and effort into constructing your own gift.Plus,who's gonna say no to a sweet treat? Especially if you make something that is their favorite.

 So to get you started, I have a recommended recipe that no baker or foodie can resist this Valentine's Day.They are the cutest and cuddliest teddy bear heart cookies you could bake.These loveable bears will certainly impress as well as melt anyone's heart.


These teddy bears are purely simple with a deliciously, buttery peanut butter cookie dough,along with a recipe that is adaptable to anyones desires or needs.Do you need more cookies? Go ahead and double the recipe. Do you need that special spice,flavoring, or that special decorating technique, then feel free to have fun with your cookie's.Its all about creating that unique gift for your Valentine anyway. Although If you do not have a Valentine to gift this too. Then I encourage this activity to be made with your kids,friends or family because its really all about celebrating what you love.So when you get a chance to try these sweet little love bears you will know what I mean.In the end, we have teddies with big hearts in hand and baby bears with hearts that glow. They always make me go " awwww",every time I see them.
 

So make your love one's something special this weekend,they will definitely appreciate it more then any store bought gift can bring.Unless they have specifically ask for something,then best to follow that idea. Other then that feel free to get creative.Its always the thought that counts anyways. Also, if you have the time as well as artistic flare,try creating your own unique treat box to package the baked goods as a gift. Just like this one.


Happy Valentine's Day!


Peanut Butter Love Bears
Inspired By Pinterest


1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup hard margarine,softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 golden corn syrup
2 eggs
4 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp salt 


1. With my kitchen aid stand mixer,on medium speed.I beat the peanut butter,margarine,brown sugar,corn syrup and eggs,until smooth and incorporated.



2.Then In a large bowl,I gently stirred together flour,baking powder and salt.


3. Then on low speed, I began beating in 2 cups of the flour mixture,until combined



4. Then stirred in the remaining 2 cups with a wooden spoon.



5.Once combined, I divided the dough in half and wrapped each in plastic wrap.Then refrigerated the dough for 2-3 hours,until stiff

6.I preheated the oven to 325F.



7.Then I floured my work surface and rolled out one batch of dough to the thickness of 1/8 inch.Then I proceeded to cut the rolled dough with my large and small bear cookie cutters.Floured after each use.

8.Then I created the hugging effect for the large bears,I pushed the arms gently inwards as though the bear is reaching towards and then placed the arm slightly over its body to look as though its about to grab.



9. Then the baby bears I left on their own since the arms are completely joined to the body ,although the hugging effect can be done if extra dough is placed on the arms.

10.Then I used the scraps from the cuttings to make bears faces.Rolling small balls to create eyes, a muzzle and a nose. Then I placed the finished batch on a baking sheet with parchment paper and chilled for about 5-10 minutes,to help keep the shape of the face detailed.


11.Then I baked each batch at 325F for 10 minutes,until lightly brown. Then I let the teddy bears cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes.Then I removed them to cool completely on a wire rack.


12.In between baking each batch,I proceeded with the same steps, #6 to # 9.Always having a batch chilling in the fridge,while working on another batch.
 
Decorating

1.Once all the cookies were chilled,I used a simple white icing with a piping bag. 
*Tip* Use your favorite homemade icing recipe or use store bought,since very little is used for this recipe.


2.Filling the piping bag with icing and a small tip,I began attaching large pink and red heart gummys in between the bears arms to create the effect they are holding the hearts. Then with the baby bears I placed small red hearts on their tummy's. *Tip* Decorate as desired.

In the end I have soft,melt in your mouth peanut butter cookies with an added sweet gummy heart.

 

Comments

  1. What a fantastic idea. These remind me of little Care Bears. I think a homemade gift is so. So much better than a bought one and these cute little bears perfectly fir the bill. Thank you for sharing. Sammie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing your ideas and opinions, so join in the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...