Skip to main content

Marvelous Christmas Marbled Mints


Do you have a sweet tooth this time of year? If so, then you should try Marvelous Marbled Mints.A tasty peppermint mint that will dazzle everyone with its impressive bright appearance.


These Christmas inspired mints are super easy to make and are simply a recipe for icing.With something that simple that means making homemade mints are easily adaptable to any flavoring,coloring or amount.The recipe also contains a very small ingredient list,which keeps them budget-friendly for the holiday season,while not compromising on anything. 



Overall,these homemade mints are very beginner in candy-making skills.So you don't have to worry about using any candy thermometer during the recipe and not much expertise is expected.The process of constructing them are actually pretty fun,while maintaining a work load that is quite light.Here, you can introduce any marbled effect you fancy in any color imaginable. 


In the end,you will receive a buttery,sweet peppermint mint that will melt in your mouth along with an an appearance of bright vivid color.So I highly recommend you try this recipe for yourself and celebrate the holidays with a super colorful Christmas peppermint.You will not be disappointed.



Marvelous Marbled Mints
Yield about 100 mints

1/2 cup (125ml) butter,softened
1 lb (500g) confectioner's (icing) sugar,divided
2 tbsp (30ml) evaporated milk or half and half cream (10 %) 
1 tsp peppermint or mint extract or combination of both
Food coloring (liquid or gel)
Extra confectioner sugar for rolling,optional


In a small bowl,I creamed the butter,until fluffy with my hand held electric mixer.


Then I slowly added half of the icing sugar,beating until smooth.Then I added the evaporated milk and peppermint/mint extract.Then I gradually add the remaining icing sugar,blending well incorporated. 


Dividing the icing mixture into 3 parts.I tinted one with red food coloring gel(Christmas red),other green gel (leaf).I mixed each with separate spoons,adding more gel,until I reached my desired color.
 Then I left the third one as white. 


Then I covered a large counter top with wax paper and dusted it with icing sugar.Then I placed equal amounts of all three colors on the wax paper and rolled the three colors together into a long rope.About 3/4 inch in diameter,creating a marbled effect.


I placed mine all on top of each other and then gently rolled them together.Note:Can also place them on top of each other and slightly twist the icing ,before rolling them to create a candy cane design. 



I repeated this process until all the mixture was gone and then wrapped them in waxed paper and tightly sealed the end.Then I placed them on a baking sheet and refrigerated them,until firm,about 1 hour.


After an hour,I removed the rolls from the fridge.Slicing them into 1/4 inch rounds and placing them on a baking sheet with wax paper.Then covering them with another piece of wax paper.Letting the mints stand at room temperature until dry about 6-8 hours.Maybe vary with the humidity.

Then I placed the mints in a Christmas tin separated with wax paper for each layer and then placed them in the refrigerator.Can keep up to 1 week in the fridge. 

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...