Skip to main content

What's Your Attractive Treat?

Don't we all get attractive or seduced by at least one kind of baking treat in our lifetime, either seen through a bakery or homemade. Do you have some treat where you cant avoid and must get your hands on? or maybe you have more then one?

Christmas is slowly creeping up in my photos lol :)

I definitely agree with this notion because one of the baking treats that always seems to attract me is double chocolate muffins especially those huge ones they make. I really wish I could find those large liners to make them and I surely would be set for life :D. However for now the second best thing is cupcake liners and plus its a little leaner on the waist line even through were talking muffins here. So as you can probably see or read that I'm obviously going to be talking about muffins today, wonderful right?! :)

 


There are so many wonderful combination's and sizes for muffins that I think it be pretty impossible to try them all in a lifetime. Plus If you did I think you seriously get sick of them and probably psychically sick, but I'll lean away from that because I don't want anyone feeling unhappy about muffins :(
lol.


For this baking adventure as you can see I really wanted to make a chocolate flavored muffin,but with  something different for a kick of new flavor.So I started out with a basic chocolate muffin recipe that was pretty simple to follow and easy to change up the ingredients if you really like to. For me I had to change up the sour cream since  I had none and I knew that would be a  great place to add some new flavor.So I chose to add about 2/3 cup of smooth blueberry yogurt along with the wet ingredients.I crossed my fingers while adding this and hoped that it was going to taste good. Sometimes you have to take chances with baking and experiment with flavors.


Everything was progressing smoothly and then all of a sudden I knew I had to just  add another ingredient to satisfied my chocoholic ways and that would be white chocolate chips :D.There just great for color,texture and paired flavor with dark chocolate.At that moment I was seriously hoping these muffins would come out really awesome because if they didn't I just wasted some tasty chocolates :O. I proceeded to fill my Halloween styled cupcake liners with more then half full of delicious batter( Yes! I know, not in season liners  lol) and quickly popped them in the oven. I got about 17 muffin in all depending on what size the liners you use. 
  
  Then once the muffins were done they came out really beauitful in appearance and color :). The texture of the muffin was moisten and the flavor was really good together. It was something different and kind of hard to explain at times. I would said you can definitely taste the blueberry yogurt flavor, but then all of a sudden you have a punch of  all that chocolate flavors at the end.Its not your average chocolate muffin and has really uniqueness to it with just a few ingredients changed. Its really amazing how a few ingredients can make and break a treat, but in this case it made it :D.



So if you want yourself a unique or different muffin try out this recipe or make it your own. Maybe change up the flavors of yogurt .For me I think raspberry or strawberry would be really good flavors to try for future muffins.


Give me a shout out!



Triple Chocolate Yogurt Muffins
( Adapted From Double Chocolate Muffins, The Big Book Of Baking)
Printable Version
Yield 12-17

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup Astro smooth blueberry yogurt
5 tbsp milk
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

1. Beat really soft butter and both sugars together into a medium sized bowl until fluffy and creamy.
2. Beat in the eggs, yogurt, and milk until thoroughly mixed.( If you want a different flavor of yogurt go for it)
3. Sift flour, baking soda and cocoa into mixture, stir. ( If you want richer chocolate flavor add 1-2 tbsp more of cocoa to sifter).Recommend folding in the dry mix.
4.Add both types of chocolate chips to mixture and stir.
5. Place about 12 or more muffin liners to your muffin pan(do not grease).
6. Spoon muffin batter into liners( little more then half full).
7. Bake at  375F for 25-30 minutes, till firm on top and do toothpick test.Let cool on rack and then ready to serve.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...