Skip to main content

Keep an Eye Out For These Blood Shot Eyeballs!


Halloween is sure coming up close and I hope you find the time to make these creepy peanut butter bloodshot eyeballs. These are so quick and simple to put together that everyone can get involved in creating them,especially children.Lastly, they are really fun to decorate and just remember directions are never set in stone for decorating.So go as scary or gruesome as you want with this cookies

Now,Did I change anything in my decorating? Yes ,I actually did. For me, I created the bloodshot style of the eyeballs by using red decorating gel, which actually help me create a more control design that I desired.I also used chocolate chips to create pupils instead of a basic idea of black icing.This choice actually created more of 3D effect of pupils popping out of the eyeballs themselves.This became somewhat more of a creepy style then in the original recipe.So, in the end I was quite happy with my decorating choices.


So, did I make any changes in the recipe directions or ingredients? Well I kept this pretty close to the original recipe,but I did make a few changes. First, with me being such a peanut butter lover I just couldn't resist doubling up this recipe.Also, with a no bake cookie similar to raw cookie dough.Its nothing without a little enhancement like adding semisweet chocolate chips to this treat.For me,I felt adding to this recipe was better then taking anything away.Thumbs up to simple ingredients and directions.


Now did I run into any challenges with this original recipe.First, I had a few of my peanut butter balls lose shape while coating them;however I was able to figure out this problem by chilling the balls before coating them.Secondly, I actually ran out of white candy coating and was left 8 uncoated peanut butter balls.So the only way to fix this was to buy more candy melts.So its best if you make these to make sure to chill the peanut butter balls and have some extra candy melts on hand.These are the only challenges I experienced and beside that its a great recipe.In the end I do have to give this recipe two thumbs up for easy directions,great adaptability and fun to decorate.


Now for the best part of all, the taste test. These cookies will impressed everyone because once you take a bite you will be hooked and coming back for more.This bloodshot eyeball will take you back to your childhood memory of eating raw cookie dough,but these are so much better then even that experience.These are smooth,rich,buttery and melt in your mouth.If you love peanut butter and chocolate, you will love these creepy eyeballs.They are purely a combination of raw cookie dough and an elegant truffle.Two thumbs for flavor and texture.

You cant go wrong with this combo and just remember if you serve these to your guests make sure they come right out of the fridge.Everyone knows that are eyeballs are best served chilled to party guests.Anyways,be sure to fit in this recipe this week.You will definitely have a ball making these bloodshot eyeball.


Bloodshot Peanut Butter Eyeballs


Doubled: Yields 30 peanut butter balls

1 cup peanut butter
6 tbsp butter,softened
2 cups confectioner sugar
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Red decorating gel (for bloodshot)
Semisweet chocolate chips (for pupils


1.In a mixing bowl, I stirred together 1 cup peanut butter and 6 tbsps of softened butter.

2.Then I gradually added 2 cups of sifted confectioner sugar,stirring until combined.

3.Then I stirred in a 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.


4.Then I shaped into 1 inch balls and placed on a cookie sheet with wax paper.Once I was done, I let them stand until dry about 40 minutes and then I placed them in the fridge to harden up while I began making the candy coating.


5.Then I added 2 cups of vanilla white candy wafers to a double boiler,over simmering water,low-med high,until melted.Once it was melted It became a little to thick so I added a little bit of vegetable shortening to thin out the coating.I added about less then a 1/2 tsp at a time,stirring in,until reaching a smoother,thinner consistency.I took the melted coating off the heat and kept it on the simmer water.

Tip:Be sure to have extra Vanilla Candy melts at your disposable because I ended up using up all the coating from 2 cups of candy melts.I had 8 peanut butters without coating and had to wait the next day to finish them up.This could happen, or I just might of used to much coating for a few.

6.Once the coating was slightly cooled, I dipped the balls,one at a time into the coating,letting the excess drip off into the pot. Tip:These are easier to coat when chilled then standing at room temp.

7.Once coated, I placed them on a wax paper prepared cookie sheet and let stand until coating was firm.Before the cookie balls were completely firm, I added the semisweet chocolate chips,in the center of each to create a pupil.Then lastly, I piped on red decorating gel to create the bloodshot effect around the pupils.Then I kept them chilled in the refrigerator,until ready to eat.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...