Skip to main content

Pixel Perfect Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Here is a day not just for the couples of the world anymore.This is a day to show the ones that you love how much you appreciate them.You truly don't need the store bought card,the candy,the flowers.All you need is to put in the time with your friends,family or partner.
 
Although, a gift is always a nice gesture and if your someone that still needs a little something as a gift.Then I suggest as a foodie to go with the homemade route and create a sweet treat you can all share.

If you love this idea then I recommend creating these resistible homemade red velvet cupcakes with butter cream frosting. A recipe that can be given as a romantic gift or to share with family and friends.Homemade will always be personal and will fit any occasion that you need.
 
It's really a win,win situation to make a homemade gift.This recipe for example can be adapted to any way you see fit.Change this,change that or keep it how it is.You can decorate a cupcake any way you want to make any day special. Plus it's also an excellent recipe for children to get involved in to help celebrate Valentine's day together.


 So go on and try this cupcake recipe. It's always fun to decorate anything and no one is ever disappointed with the results of receiving a treat.Remember the way to any ones heart is always through their stomach.

Pixel Perfect Red Velvet Heart Cupcakes

Adapted From Martha Stewart's Red Velvet Cupcakes
Made about 24 mini cupcakes and about 21 standard cupcakes

2 1/2 cups cake flour or all purpose flour
2 tbsp unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 large eggs,room temp
1/2 tsp red gel paste food color
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk (replacement 1 cup 2% milk + 1 tsp lemon juice)
 2 tsp distilled white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda

Preheated the oven to 350F.Lined a standard muffin tin(12) and a mini muffin tin (24).Had a second standard tin lined for any extra batter.


In a large glass bowl,I sifted in all purpose flour,cocoa and salt,then gently whisked them together.


Then with my kitchen aid stand mixer,on medium speed.I mixed the sugar and oil,until combined.Then I added the eggs,one at a time,beating thoroughly after each.Then I added the food gel and vanilla.


Then on low speed,I added the flour mixture in three batches,alternating with two additions of the buttermilk.Always beginning and ending with the flour mixture.


In a small bowl, I stirred together baking soda and vinegar,making sure that it foamed.Then I added the mixture to the batter and mixed on medium speed for 10 seconds.


Then I filled the standard and mini cupcake tins,each three quarters full.Then I baked them, until toothpick inserted in center came out clean.About 15-20 minutes.Then I placed them on a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.

Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting

6 cups powdered sugar
120ml butter or margarine softened (or two 1/3 cups)
2 tsp vanilla
2-4 tbsp milk


With my kitchen aid mixer,I creamed together the powdered sugar and softened butter on low speed.Then added the vanilla and 2 tbsps of the milk.I gradually creamed in just enough of the remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. 


Note:If frosting is to thick just add a few drops more and if to thin add a small amount more of the powdered sugar.Also if more frosting is needed for example not all the cupcakes can be frosted,make a second batch with the measurements cut in half like the original recipe.  

Coloring Frosting


I scooped about an even amount of frosting into 6 small bowls,coloring each with food coloring gel.Here I used my Color Swirl 3 Color Coupler Kit.Which includes disposable piping bags,large star tip and three interlocking couplers to join three piping bags for individual colors.

Here I added three colored frostings into each piping bag and piped each cupcake.Then once the first three colors were completely used.I began with the second set of three colors to frost the remaining cupcakes,using new disposable piping bags.Then each cupcake I decorated with a variety of sprinkles,including silver peals,rainbow sprinkles etc.Then I topped each with large pixel hearts and two bite hearts.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...