Skip to main content

Way Better Snacks: Simply Sprouted


Simply Sprouted Way Better Snacks, has created a really healthy tortilla chip where you can literally eat a whole bag of chips and not feel any of the guilt afterwards. Why? Well because with every chip you munch on you are actually consuming many healthy germinated grains and seeds.So with each ingredient such as flax seed,chia seed and even quinoa you are actually receiving a high quality of vitamins and minerals due to  sprouting.This will then aid in your digestion and increase nutrient absorption.Also,what's a great improvement in these snacks compare to many other products is they are completely gluten free and free of genetically modified ingredients.So now you can tell these actually enhance you health and you will receive a higher intake of grains/seeds that you may not of otherwise.So now you can enjoy all six varieties with your favorite salsa and dip,while still taming your junk food craving. 


Now with a unique variety of tortilla chips at our disposable,we definitely need to know if these can really compete with many of the popular brands in texture and flavor.They are free of trans fats,preservatives, and artificial colors;however are they any good,Let's find out?



Way Better Snacks Samples

Simply Sunny Multi-Grain Tortilla Chips
  


The first tester is the Multi-Grain chips,which I think has quite a similar flavor to your basic tortilla chip.Though that being said Way Better Snacks has still got any other brand put to shame,especially in texture and flavor.This is because this chip has more pronounced seed and grains,which advance in the crunch.The multi grain is also slightly salty, while still having a dominant flavor in place.These are beautiful tortilla chips and are great served with salsa.I definitely give this one a two thumbs up!



Ingredients and Health Advantages:

Ingredients:(Sprouted seeds/grains)
  • Stone ground corn,safflower oil,flax seed,quinoa,brown rice,Daikon radish seed,chia seed,broccoli seed and sea salt.
Health Advantages:
  • Organic Sprouted Grains And Seeds.
  • 400m g of Omega 3 essential fatty acids to help keep cells healthy.
  • Broccoli and Radish Seeds contain sulphorapane and glucosinalate.That is the natural antioxidant found in broccoli.
  • When Germination occurs anti-nutrients such as phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors are reduces  or eliminated. 
  •  Gluten Free,GMO Free,Vegan,Certified Kosher and Whole Grains 17g/portion.
  •  130 calories for 11 chips. 


Simply Unbeatable Blues Tortilla Chips


Isn't this just a beautiful looking chip and I just love the name,Unbeatable.When I took a bite of one of these "Blues" I was surprised how lightly salted they were,while having a very mild blue corn flavor.I expected this flavor to be quite dominant for some reason;however I still loved these because they weren't overpowering and had a big crunch.This specific chip actually enhanced its flavor when I tired one with my homemade salsa.So this one is definitely a keeper to serve with your favorite dips and salsas.Two Thumbs Up! From me again.


Ingredients And Health Advantages:

Ingredients: (Sprouted seeds/grains)
  • Blue Corn,safflower oil,Flax seed,quinoa,daikon radish seed,chia seed,broccoli seed and seas salt.
Health Advantages:
  • Organic Sprouted Grains And Seeds.
  • 400m g of Omega 3 essential fatty acids to help keep cells healthy.
  • Broccoli and Radish Seeds contain sulphorapane and glucosinalate.That is the natural antioxidant found in broccoli.
  • When Germination occurs anti-nutrients such as phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors are reduces  or eliminated.
  • Gluten Free,GMO Free,Vegan,Certified Kosher and Whole Grains 17g/portion.
  • 130 calories for 11 chips. 


Simply Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips


Now Sweet potato is not the first flavor you would even dream up for a Tortilla Chip.Right? Well Way Better Snacks did? So when I came upon this flavor I was quite excited to see how it would all turn out.So I really didn't know what to expect and when I took my first bite I was actually very pleasantly surprised. This sweet potato chip had a very smooth crunch, along with a great balance of sweet and savory flavors .It was also very lightly salted to enhance flavor and it was also delicious with my homemade salsa.This is also a beautiful chip with its bright orange color and glistening seeds.I know everyone that tried this one said it was their favorite.I love it too and of course another two thumbs up!
 
 
Ingredients And Health Advantages:

Ingredients:(Sprouted seeds/grains)
  •  Stone ground corn,safflower oil,Sweet potato,Flax seed,quinoa,daikon radish seed,chia seed,broccoli seed and seas salt.
Health Advantages
  • Organic Sprouted Grains And Seeds.
  • 190 mg of Omega 3 essential fatty acids to help keep cells healthy.
  • Great Source Of Vitamin A And Fiber,which aids in digestion.
  • When Germination occurs anti-nutrients such as phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors are reduces  or eliminated. 
  • Gluten Free,GMO Free,Began,Certified Kosher and Whole Grains 17g/portion.
  •  130 calories for 11 chips.



Simply Beyond Black Bean Tortilla Chips


Now black bean is definitely a flavor you would see as a tortilla chip;however for me I have never even tried the flavor before.So this was a brand new experience for me and when I took my first bite I was surprised again.I received a smoother textured crunch similar to the sweet potato chip.I also had a slightly saltier seasoning similar to the multi grain and yet again the salsa enhance the mild black bean flavor.I also feel the high salt content is to really help bring out the black bean since its so light.This is yet again another two thumbs up from me and another favorite from the family.


Ingredients And Health Advantages:


Ingredients: (Sprouted seeds/grains)
  •  Black bean,Stone ground corn,safflower oil,Flax seed,quinoa,chia seed,and seas salt.
Health Advantages:
  • Organic Sprouted Grains And Seeds
  • 275mg of Omega 3 essential fatty acids to help keep cells healthy
  • Sprouted Black Bean help reduce blood cholesterol and aids in digestion.
  • When Germination occurs anti-nutrients such as phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors are reduces  or eliminated.
  • Gluten Free,GMO Free,Began,Certified Kosher and Whole Grains 17g/portion.
  •  130 calories for 11 chips. 
 

Simply So Sweet Chili Tortilla Chips


Then lastly the Sweet Chili was the fifth tortilla chip and it was deemed the one everyone was nervous to try out.Why? Well none of us really care for any kind of heat.I can handle a little bit,but prefer not to put myself through it.So everyone had a variety of answers, but came to a pretty good conclusion.

Sweet chili had a very large crunch similar to Unbeatable since it had pretty pronounced seeds.It was also the saltiest out of all the flavors, along with a spicy kick from the cayenne pepper.This chip started out with a good combination of flavors and then all of a sudden the heat appears afterwards.The spicy aspect definitely takes over at that point and for me I loved the flavor at the beginning.So I was slightly disappointed with that fact;However I can still see myself munching on these just with a large bowl of a dairy based dip.Everyone else agreed with me that they loved the flavor and just not the heat.So if your someone that loves heat then I definitely recommend them.If your not and just want to experience for yourself then I recommend serving it with a creamy dip.So for my results I give this chip a thumbs and half up! You lose the the other half because I really don't need the heat. 


Ingredients And Health Advantages:

Ingredients:
  •  Stone ground corn,safflower oil,Flax seed,quinoa,daikon radish seed,chia seed,broccoli,Raw Cane sugar, Vinegar,Sea Salt,Native Potato  starch, onion,garlic and cayenne pepper.
Health Advantages:
  • Organic Sprouted Grains And Seeds.
  • 400m g of Omega 3 essential fatty acids to help keep cells healthy.
  • Broccoli and Radish Seeds contain sulphorapane and glucosinalate.That is the natural antioxidant found in broccoli.
  • When Germination occurs anti-nutrients such as phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors are reduces  or eliminated. 
  •  Gluten Free,GMO Free,Began,Certified Kosher and Whole Grains 17g/portion.
  • 130 calories per 11 chips.

Now for my final conclusion on Way Better Snacks products.I feel these are way better compared to most tortilla chips in the aspect of ingredients,health,flavor and texture.The ingredients are not processed and I can actually see the grains and seeds that I'm consuming.There are many health benefits from each chip flavor, such as increasing your intake of vitamins and mineral and aiding in digestion.The tortilla chips are also not overloaded with sodium and not overpowering in their flavor.Lastly the texture, is beyond any tortilla chip I have ever tried, since it has such a large crunch from the pronounced seeds and grains.Also, each chip seems to enhance further in its flavor with a homemade salsa or dip.So In the end I feel you can have a really healthy chip and still have all the flavor.

So I will be giving a big Five Out Of Five To Simply Sprouted Way Better Snack Tortilla Chips. They each have their own unique flavor that really stands out and I definitely recommend picking up a bag up for yourself.They may not be the cheapest to purchase;however that's what you get for quality.Anyways,all I have to say now is a big thank you to Way Better Snacks for letting me review their product and a big thank you to Lexi for helping me out through the process.

Tip: Where can you pick up a lovely bag of these? For nearest,I believe they are sold at 49th parallel and country grocer.Check out the website for more details.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...