Skip to main content

Dining Out At Home Cookbook Two:Main Dishes Part 2





























































Dining Out At Home Cookbook Two
, is inspired by many popular American restaurants and the chapter labeled main dishes has many of those beloved dining experiences.Thanks to this cookbook we can enjoy  these meals in our own home, while bringing our own ideas into the mix.So with the vast variety of dishes in this one chapter, I know I could not go without reviewing one last recipe.This time I selected a restaurant that I have never heard of, along with an unique recipe to experience.



Luby's is a cafeteria well known in Texas and has created an unique way to prepare a pretty plain recipe.Just think about shredded cheddar cheese, crisp bacon and chopped green onion atop a juicy hamburger steak.That description already has my mouth watering and guess what anyone can make this recipe themselves.Its extremely quick to make with directions that are quite easy to follow. It's also made with very simple ingredients and you have lots of room to spread around your own creativity.Its a top notch recipe and I definitely recommend it.  


This is can be a fancy main course that can be easily served with just about anything.This is a very flavorful hamburger steak.It is well balanced with seasoning salt and pepper,with a dash of Worcestershire sauce.It is also very tender and juicy meat because its broiled for a brief duration in a bath of beef broth.This keeps the meat very moist while bringing more overall flavorful to the hamburger steak.Then lastly its topped with a few flavorful toppings such as rich cheddar cheese,green onion and crisp salty bacon.It has multiple layers of flavor and definitely will impress your friends and family.

This is now one of my favorite ideas for using ground beef and I can find no flaws in this recipe,not that I'm looking.Well I could say these definitely didn't last long.So all that says is everyone loved these hamburger steaks and if you're running out of ideas for dinner,add this your list you will not be disappointed.Two thumbs up!


The Recipe



Bacon,Cheddar Hamburger Steak
Inspired By Luby's Cafeteria


2 pounds ground chuck
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1(14.5 oz) can beef broth or 500mls
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 pound bacon,cooked crisp and chopped into small pieces
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion


 I fried about 6-7 pieces of bacon, until crisp ( I love bacon!)


Then I grated the old age cheddar cheese and chopped the green onion thinly.Then I set aside the toppings on a plate for later.


In a medium metal bowl I combined the ground chuck with seasoning salt,pepper and Worcestershire sauce,mixing well with a large fork. Then I shaped the meat into 6 oblong patties about 3/8 inches thick and then placed them in a 9 by 13 inch glass baking dish.


Then I covered the bottom of the dish with beef broth.


Then I heated the oven's broiler on high (500F) and broiled the beef patties, until completely done.This took about 10-13 minutes.Then I removed the dish and flipped the patties to brown the bottoms for a few minutes.


Then I topped the cooked patties with the cheese,bacon and green onion.Then I returned them to the oven ,until the cheese was melted.I kept them in the baking dish, until ready to serve to stay warm and moist.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...