Skip to main content

A Cake Lover's Recipe Notebook By Jane Brocket



The Cake Lover's is a beautiful old fashioned note book that is an important essential to every one's kitchen.This little jem encourages readers to save their favorite recipes and features classic cake's to get you started.Its definitely a unique cookbook with its polished photographs and excellent information on baking the perfect cake.It will be my go to booklet for future cake recipes.




So to express my love for this notebook I chose to test out a classic recipe.In the section for "Everyday Cakes" I picked a very tasty Lemon Drizzle Cake.This is a classic favorite cake that pairs so well with afternoon tea or brunch,though it can be enjoyed anytime of the day.The recipe itself is super easy to follow and definitely worth baking.Every morsel is heaven with its mixture of sweetness,tartness,and best of all a strong lemon flavor.However with its layers of flavor it is the incredible moisture and melt in your mouth texture that ties everything together.It is certainly a very special cake and is my favorite lemon cake recipe.It definitely gets two thumbs up from me.


So overall,I highly recommend this cake recipe and this unique notebook.This will be great for beginners for the simple information that is included,as well as the cake lover's that have lots of experience.It's definitely worth picking up and I am thankful to have been given the chance to review.

So I say a big thank you to author Jane Brocket for creating such a wonderful, polished notebook for us cake lover's.Also, to Lisa Trudeau from Quarto Publishing for contacting me.It was a delightful review experience and thank you for your patients.



Lemon Drizzle Cake By  A Cake Lover's Recipe Notebook 


Cake Batter

175 grams (3/4 cup) soft butter,plus extra for greasing
175 grams (scant 1 cup) caster (superfine sugar)
3 eggs
175 grams (1 1/4 cup) self raising (self rising) flour
Juice of 1/2 a lemon

Syrup

100 grams (1/2 cup) caster (superfine) sugar
Juice of 2 lemons

Equipment

8 inch round cake pan,grease and line base with parchment


1. Preheated the oven to 350F (180C or gas mark 4)




2.Beat the butter and sugar in my kitchen aid mixer, until pale and fluffy.Added the eggs one by one,beating well after each addition.




3. Then I sifted in the flour and lemon zest and poured in the juice.With a rubber spatula I gently folded in the ingredients until fully combined.Then I poured the cake batter into the prepared round cake pan.Cake pan must be fully greased and base lined with parchment paper.Then I gently leveled the surface with the back of a spoon.




4. Then I bake it for 25-30 minutes,until a toothpick came out clean and it was risen and golden brown.




5.When the cake was almost done.I made the syrup by placing sugar and lemon juice into a small saucepan and gently heated the pot, until the sugar dissolved without stirring.Then I let it simmer over medium heat without stirring until the mixture became syrupy and runny enough to spread all over the cake.Then I removed the syrup off heat and set aside.




6.Once the cake was done and transfered to a wire rack.I pierced about 12-15 holes in the cake, using a toothpick or metal skewer.Then I poured the syrup over the surface of the cake while it was still in the cake pan.Then I let it cool completely before removing it from the tin.

7.This lemon cake can be stored for a couple days wrapped in grease proof wax paper and foil and store in an airtight tin in a cool place.


Comments

  1. In Mexico, they have a similar cake except it's soaking wet with syrup/honey/whocaresitssogood and it remind me a lot like yours.

    Note that I don't bake it, I just eat it ;)

    Besos, Sarah
    Blogger at Journeys of The Zoo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing your ideas and opinions, so join in the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...