Skip to main content

Mason Jar Salads & More By Julia Mirabella!



Mason jar salads and more by Julia Mirabella is an innovative cookbook that offers us readers resourceful methods to prepare healthy, make ahead meals.There are  plenty of delectable recipes that focus on salads along with a variety of meals for lunch,dinner and even dessert.This has practical knowledge we can all utilize to produce meals that we can quickly grab,along with making it affordable and time saving.This book is great for everyone because its involves simple ingredients and methods so that we can all enjoy a fresh homemade meal on the go.

I love this idea of making meals ahead of time,especially when you are running late for work/school and you refuse to waste your money on junk.So with these recipes they will actually help you stay on budget,save time and make health priority one.Also, a great bonus to most of these meals is they can stay fresh for up to a week refrigerated giving you the option to make multiple meals at a time.Just think making everyday meals ahead of time for work,school,or even for home.So for me,I always think about what meals I should bring for work and once I saw this cookbook I just knew I had to test out these meals.
 


So from the first chapter for breakfast meals, I chose to make the Green Smoothie since it seems it would be a good essential meal replacement for on the way to work.It was super simple to prepare,since its basically blending fresh ingredients such as spinach,kiwi,apple and apple juice together to create a very vibrant green smoothie.Its flavor is mostly of sweet apple and has just a touch of smoothness and bitterness of fresh spinach.The kiwi is very hard to detect when overpowered by these stronger flavors;however its seeds are somewhat noticeable in the texture factor.

Overall,Its definitely a healthy smoothie with its high fiber content along with Vitamin A & C;however the taste and texture factor may not please everyone.Its slightly thicker to most smoothies and contains small seeds from the kiwi along with small contents of unblended spinach.For me,I was able to enjoy this drink because apple juice is one of my favorites and has a strong flavor component.Although, it may not be my favorite smoothie, the bonus to this recipe is you can easily experiment and bring your own creativity into the mix.So,I will have to give this Green smoothie an one and half thumbs up and suggest to always taste test your meals.So try out this healthy smoothie for yourself and let me know what you think?

So I hope you enjoy creating mason jar smoothies and be sure to stay tune for my next meal reviews from the chapter Salads.

Green Smoothie


1 kiwi fruit
1/2 apple peeled and cored
1 cup pear or apple juice,plus more as needed
1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
1 pint-sized Mason jar


I cut the kiwi fruit in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.Then I peeled and cored one apple.Using 1/2 apple, I cut it into chunks and placed it in the blender,along with the kiwi.


Then I poured in the 1 cup of apple juice or pear juice and the washed spinach leaves.


Then I blended the ingredients, until very smooth.While taste testing I added more juice for my desire consistency.Then I transfered the smoothie  into the mason jar and seal it tightly.Placing it in the fridge to stay fresh and cold.This recipe can be easily doubled to make more smoothies and even adaptions.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...