Skip to main content

Dessert Mash-Ups: Candy Concoctions:Mint Chip Truffles


 Are you craving something sweet and just cannot decide? Well how about I suggest creating these delicious chocolate truffles.They are made with rich chocolate along with a mint filling that no one can resist. It's a Dessert Mash-up made in heaven and just leads you wanting more.

If I haven't convinced you with that tidbit of information.I say what are thinking? Its Chocolate and Mint,whats not to love! haha. Its alright.

If you are a lover of chocolate,mint and candy conconctions.Then this recipe is tailor made for you.Now by the looks of it, some may think this recipe has rich flavors and the truffles are difficult to prepare.However that statement is farthest from the truth because this recipe actually carries budget friendly ingredients along with easy to understand directions.It also includes a helpful section on candy making that is great for any level of experience.So don't judge a picture completely.



Now with candy making it always has its challenges and not every candy will look the same.Thats the beauty of being unique.So with using Dorothy Kern's helpful tips it makes the effort and time put into creating these Mint Chip Truffles well worth it.It can be tedious work I will admit.But learning the skills and creating that chocolate you love is magic.Also,you cannot forgot the ultimate pay off at the end,the taste tasting.

These beautiful truffles have a bold and smooth chocolate coating with a creamy butter cream filling scattered with chocolate chips.Every morsel melts in your mouth with a strong peppermint flavor paired with a semisweet chocolate.It decadent at its best and creates an exquisite presentation.The pay off is definitely worth it,trust me.

So, I highly recommend you try this recipe.Just think it be a great valentines gifts just make sure to keep them cold for best results.Or keep them for yourself when that sweet craving kicks in. So overall.I give this recipe a two thumbs up for recipe and flavor.



Mint Chip Truffle

Yields: 18+ truffles


1/2 cup unsalted butter,room temp
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp peppermint and mint extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 drops green food coloring
1/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
8 ounces melting chocolate or semisweet baking chocolate
Sprinkles (optional)


In a large bowl,I mixed the softened butter and powdered sugar with a hand mixer until crumbly.Then I added the vanilla,peppermint extract and salt.Beating until the mixture was smooth.This will take a few minutes to combine.Medium or medium to high speed to quicken the process.Once the mixture is smooth,I mixed in the green food coloring on low speed.


Then I began mixing in the mini chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.Then I covered the bowl with saran wrap and chilled it in the fridge for 30 minutes to become firm.


I scooped 1 tbsp balls of cold dough and placed it on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Repeated the process until all the dough was gone.Then  chilled in the fridge for at least 30 minutes,until firm.


I cut the bakers chocolate into smaller pieces and placed in a microwavable safe plastic container.I then added 1 teaspoon of vegetable shortening for every 4 ounces.Then I microwaved the chocolate for 30 second increments,until smooth.Stirring after each increment.Then I lined a large cookie sheet with wax paper.


I then removed the truffles from the fridge and rolled them into smooth balls.These soften quickly, so I worked with 4 or 5 a time for dipping.


I dropped the truffle in the chocolate,then spooned the chocolate over top for even coating.Then I used a fork to lift the truffle out of the container.Then I tapped the back of the hand holding the fork.Then swiped it along the edge of the container or bowl to help remove excess chocolate.


Then I used a toothpick to transfer each truffle onto the lined cookie sheet. Then I sprinkled the truffles with sprinkles immediately. 


Then I returned the truffles to the fridge to harden and kept in an airtight container.Can be kept for several days when kept cold. 

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...