Skip to main content

Dessert Mash-Ups:Homemade Gifts For Valentine's Day



 Do you need a Valentine's day gift this year? Well how about a marvelous homemade dessert, such as these peanut butter cup brownie bites.These chocolates are exceptional in presentation and will impress just about anyone.Just think? Who can really resist the combination of a fudge brownie topped with creamy peanut butter and immersed in dark chocolate.These brownie bites are an unique creation and you be crazy not to try them. 

These decadent desserts are simple as well as challenging to create.This recipe is well composed taking you through each step attentively,including tips on how to create your own homemade candies.The most challenging part of this recipe is the assembling process,which can be time consuming as well as tedious.So its best to follow the advice and keep your afternoon free.It certainly takes practice to get a flawless appearance;however every chocolate is unique in its own way.This is the time to develop your own creative skill and improve.Now the ingredients for this recipe is pretty budget friendly;however the chocolate aspect can be expensive depending on the choice.This recipe gives you plenty of room for adaptability including what chocolate you may want to use.The possibilities are endless.


Overall,the time spent making these beautiful chocolates are definitely worth it.Its a great skill to learn and not to mention your family and friends will certainly appreciate this dessert.This recipe gave me excitement as soon as I saw the picture.It personally gave me the chance to open up my creativity as well as challenge myself.Also,one of my favorite parts about this recipe is these treats can be easily made ahead.So this would make the  best Valentines gift since they freeze quite well.Or if you're like me when a sweet craving strikes.

 However I have to say my favorite part overall for this recipe is the taste testing .These candies have a bold and delectable appearance,along with flavors and textures to match.Take one bite you experience a smooth dark chocolate shell, along with a creamy,rich peanut butter and fudge brownie center.As well as the richness of brewed coffee to enhance the flavors.Overall, these chocolates have multiple layered attraction written all over them and great for any occasion.



So take a chance on this recipe and see what you can bring to the table. It's definitely a two thumbs up recipe for me.The challenge and expense are definitely worth it.Just make sure to at least get your hands on one of these chocolates before there all gone.They are that good. Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites


Brownie Base:

1/2 cup unsalted butter,melted
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cups unsweetened coca powder,sifted
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp brewed coffee (or water)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup all purpose flour

Peanut Butter Mixture:

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
16-24 ounces melted semisweet bakers chocolate or melting chocolate (Highly recommend 24 ounces or more)
Sprinkles(optional)


Preheat the oven to 350F.Sprayed a 9 by 9 glass pan with cooking spray.


In a large bowl,I stirred together melted butter,sugar, and sifted cocoa.Then I stirred in the eggs,vanilla,brewed coffee and salt.Then I carefully stirred in the flour and spread it evenly on the prepared pan.


Then I bake the brownies for 18-25 minutes until a toothpick came out with only crumbs attached when inserted.I let the brownies cool for about 10 minutes and then placed them in the refrigerator to speed up the process.


Then I combined the peanut butter,brown sugar and powdered sugar using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.Beating until crumbly,low setting and then added the vanilla and continue to beat until smooth and coming together.


Then using a wax paper sheet, I traced with a pencil the size of the 9 by 9 pan.Then I removed the mixture from the bowl and formed a smooth ball.I then placed the peanut butter ball on the waxed paper sheet and rolled it into the square size.

Then I lifted the the peanut butter square with the wax paper and quickly flipped it over and placed it on top of the cool brownie base and then adjusted the edges to make even.Then I refrigerated the brownies for 30 minutes or can be up to 1 hour.


I melted half of the chocolate which is 12 ounces.Using a pot with water half full and a large glass bowl on top.I cut the semisweet chocolate in pieces and place it in the bowl.I also added 1 tsp of vegetable shortening to help thin out the chocolate.Kept on low setting to prevent bubbling.

Optional: Cut chocolate finely and place in a microwave safe container and melt in the microwave at 10 second intro volts,stirring in between, until fully melted.Add vegetable shortening to help thin out the chocolate.

I then lined a large cookie sheet with wax paper.Once the brownie and peanut butter base was chilled.I cut the whole brownie square in half.I cut 32 pieces on each side of the pan.Each half had 4 rows by 8 columns.


I worked with 32 pieces at first and placed the other half in the refrigerator. I melted half of the melted semisweet chocolate (12 oz) for 32 squares,additional chocolate may be needed.

So for dipping: I carefully submerged the brownie bites one at a time into the chocolate, lifting it up with a fork,tapping off excess and then using a toothpick to carefully place on the prepared cookie sheet.

I repeated this same process with the other half of the remaining brownies along with melting the other half of the chocolate.Additional chocolate may be needed.


Then I refrigerated the chocolates till they were set.I used any remaining chocolate by placing it in a small plastic bag and drizzling on top of the truffles.I also used sprinkles;however you can also keep them plain.


These brownies can be kept in an airtight container at room temp or chilled up to 5 days.They can also be frozen for a longer period in an airtight container.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...