Skip to main content

Celebrate Easter With These Cuter Then Ever Treats


Join in, an celebrate this weekend with this lovable Easter bunny.A perfect cake that any beginner baker could quickly and easily create for their own family gathering.
 

So partake in the fun and see how simple it is to make your own unique rabbit.All you really need to get started,is to have a cute bunny cake pan such as Wilton's easy release and of course a cherished recipe.However if you are torn among the recipes you love, then I highly recommend the classic yellow cake with butter cream frosting.A nostalgic cake that suits to any special occasion and should simply be a vital part of every home bakers kitchen.It is an incredibly versatile cake for any frosting,filling,cake pan or decoration that you desire.A yellow cake is simply old fashion, yet elegant as well as modern.


Therefore, when this recipe comes together, you will have a beautiful, bright spring time cake that is deliciously moist and sweet, along with a creamy vanilla frosting.Then to top it all off you will have the great opportunity to decorate your very own Easter rabbit.Which of course will vary to what I have pictured above.Although, to give advice to a home baker to another home baker, I highly recommend using shredded coconut for a bunny cake, since its such a efficient way to highlight the idea of fur and is excellent with hiding any flaws that may occur with frosting.An not to mention its also quite delicious with yellow cake.So see for yourself and be surprised how impressed your guest will be.



Now, if your just not into to making a cake this year and want an even simpler Easter treat.Then creating these delicious spring time egg nests are a perfect choice. They are a quick, no bake treat that any beginner could make and are great for children to participate in.Overall, you will have an impressive treat that includes very little work to make. So go on and try these ideas this Easter weekend.

 Also,If your like me and love both of these ideas.Then be sure to incorporate the bunny cake and egg nests to create a spectacular Easter display.Just remember,the recipes are super simple to follow and  to put together. Plus the decorating is super fun, since you get to test out your skills and learn new techniques along the way. So join in on the baking and have a great Easter weekend.


 Happy Easter!! Home bakers



Easter Bunny Cake
Adapted From Women's Day Desserts 
Yellow Cake with Fluffy Vanilla Butter cream

Cake

3/4 cup unsalted butter,softened
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs,room temp
2 tsp vanilla extract
 2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup milk

Butter cream

Whites from 4 large eggs,room temps
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup unsalted butter,softened
1 tbsp vanilla extract


1. Using my kitchen aid mixture with the flat beater attachment.I creamed together the butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. 


2. Then I blended in the eggs,one at a time and added the vanilla,baking powder and salt to the mixture.


3. Then I added the flour, alternating with the milk.Beating till smooth and scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary. 


4. Then I greased the Wilton Bunny Pan with cooking spray and poured the cake batter into the pan,using a rubber spatula.


5. Then I baked the cake for about 25-30 minutes until the cake was golden brown and a toothpick came out clean.I let the cake cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then turned the cake out on my cake board.

6. I refrigerated the cake overnight(covered) and decorated the cake the next day.

Fluffy Vanilla Butter cream 


1. On low-med, I put the egg whites,sugar and salt in the top of a double boiler.Using my electric hand mixer,I beat this mixture on low speed for 15 minutes over simmering water (not boiling).


2. Once the 15 minute passed, I removed the top of the double boiler and poured the egg white mixture into my kitchen aid mixer bowl.I continue to beat the mixture until thicken and cooled(5 minutes) 


 3. Once cool to the touch I began beating in the butter,a little at a time.Then lastly I added in the vanilla,until well blended.


 4. Then I creamed the mixture until it was smooth and thick. The frosting will look greasy,curdled, or separated at first,but beating overtime will incorporate the mixture.It will be right when the frosting is spread without any separation in the mixture itself. 

 
Decorating 


1. Using an offset spatula,I frosted the bunny cake with vanilla butter cream.For the bunny face I used junior mints for the eyes,black shoe string licorice for the whiskers and mouth and used a jelly bean for the nose.Then I dusted the entire cake with shredded coconut to resemble fur.Then I let it set for the frosting to firm up.



Mini Egg Nests 


1/4 cup unsalted butter
5 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
6 cups Rice Krispie Spring Edition Cereal

Decorative:
Mini eggs
Jelly Beans 
Easter sprinkles
Green butter cream frosting


1. First, I greased a few mini muffin tins with cooking spray, then I set them aside.


2. In a large heavy bottom pot over medium heat.I began melting the butter.


 3. Once the butter was completely melted,I added in the miniature marshmallows and vanilla.stirring quickly with a wooden spoon


4. When the marshmallows were melted down,I added in the cereal and vanilla,stirring quickly and making sure the cereal is coated well.

5. Then I removed the pot from the heat and with greased hands I began quickly taking small hand fulls of the cereal mixture and pressing them into the greased mini muffin tins.Then I proceeded to indent each with my thumb to create birds nests.Once all the cereal mixture was used,I let them set before decorating.


6. Once cooled, I began decorating the nests with green frosting, mini eggs,jelly beans, and sprinkles.

Note: There was leftover vanilla buttercream frosting from the bunny cake.So I used the rest of the frosting to decorate the egg nests.I dyed the frosting with Wiltons icing gel coloring (leaf green)  and placed it in a piping bag with a small piping tip.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...