Skip to main content

Artisan Soda WorkShop: Peach Syrup


Photobucket

This chapter,from the Artisan Soda Workshop is all about taking advantage of seasonal fruits to create unique and healthy syrups.So,the recipe that I chose to make from "Seasonal Studs" was a simple peach syrup.

The syrup recipe itself had pretty basic directions and only needed three simple ingredients to make it.The most important part to the whole recipe was boiling,mashing and straining of the juice.The one part however that I think is a fault in the directions is to throw away perfectly good fruit that can be used toward a recipe.This could of been easily fixed by giving the reader a tip or suggestion.For me I used the leftover peaches towards a recipe that I'll be reviewing next.Overall the recipe was quick and easy.

Now the flavor for this drink,well I'm told about this recipe that the syrup is subtle with a mild peach flavor.Well with this info I knew I wasn't getting my bold peach flavor that I wanted so when I tasted the soda with the recommend tbsp it was pretty weak.I tasted more of the carbonated water then the peach itself.So I felt that the amount of syrup was to little for me so even after that I tested it and began adding more to make it slightly stronger.In the end, the drink was very weak and I was surprised how much syrup that I had to use for one drink to get some flavor.Overall I would say the flavor gets a poor mark from me.Maybe it will be better with a little bit of rum to create a grown up tropical drink. 

Anyways, stay tune for my next recipe review that uses the leftover peaches.

The Recipe

Peach Syrup

 Photobucket

2 cups sliced peaches.Fresh or frozen.
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup raw cane sugar

Photobucket

 Add 1 cup of sliced peaches( Fresh or thawed) to a medium heavy pot.

Photobucket

 Add 1/4 cup of raw cane sugar to the peaches.

Photobucket

 Then lastly add 1/2 cup of cold water to the fruit.

Photobucket

 Bring the fruit to a boil over high heat and stir to dissolve the water.

Photobucket

 Bring down to medium heat and simmer until the peaches are very tender,about 10 minutes.

Photobucket

 Remove the pot from the heat and use mash the peaches with a masher.

Photobucket

 Let the mixture cool down.If the fruit sauce is moved to an container like below it will help it cool faster.

Photobucket

 Once its cooled use a fine mesh strainer or sieve to strain the juices.Be sure to press fruit against to extract the juices.

Photobucket

Be sure to put  the syrup in an airtight covered container.It can last up to 5 days.When you want to use it.Add about 2-3 tbsps to every 10 oz ( 1 1/4 cup) of carbonated water,which is the recommend amount.Add more to taste,which I definitely recommend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...