Skip to main content

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Hope you all have a great time and spend it with the ones you love.For me I will be spending most of this day working; however for now I will share with all of you a special little treat I made specifically for this love day. I am very passionate about baking so I knew I had to make a delicious recipe to celebrate what I really love.


I wish all of you could taste these delicious cookies right now. but I will offer you the recipe so you will have the opportunity to make them yourself to celebrate this Valentine Day's.Trust me they are definitely a recipe to add to your collection.So be sure to look below to get the directions.

Now before you dive into this recipe you should know how these cookies are in flavour,texture and directions, right? Well to describe these cookies I would say they are very similar to shortbread.They are very buttery and crumbly while being slightly sweet.Now combining that cookie with butter cream frosting and jam.You get more sweetness with a creamy smooth filling and the jam adding some fruity flavour.This combination works very well.


Now the recipe itself is very easy to understand and even adaptable.So if you want to change something like the shape,filling or jam then you can do that.I love a recipe like this where you have the room to create for yourself.I even changed this recipe slightly by changing the shape to hearts to fit for Valentine Day.

Now I would say there are a few parts that you do need to look out for in this recipe.The first one is, you need to give yourself a lot of extra time to make these because of the chilling baking and assembling.Also you have to be very careful with how long you bake these cookies to prevent overcooking. Then lastly you have to be extremely careful with how you handle these cookies when baked because they are quite fragile, especially when warm.They are best assembled when all cookies are chilled to give you some extra help.Trust me some can easily break!


Overall,I really love these cookies and they seem to really impress people while using very little ingredients .So its really a win, win recipe in my opinion and I shall bring some of these delicious cookie with me to work so I can celebrate this day in my own way.Trust me though I do have some plans for Valentine's day.However it will just be rescheduled.

So for this day I will send all my love to my loyal readers and everyone who is a passionate baker like I am.Please be sure to celebrate in your own creative way and have fun with it! So go on an try this recipe for yourself and share with me in the comments what your plans are for Valentine Day??


Jelly Valentine Cookies

1 cup butter,softened
Scant 3/4 cup superfine sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
1 egg yolk,lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1 egg white, lightly beaten

Filling:
1/4 cup butter.softened
1 cup icing sugar
5 tbsp+ Wild berry/Blackberry/Strawberry Jam

1. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl.
2. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla extract.
3.Add flour and salt,stir till combined.
4. Form into ball and cut in half.
5. Wrap balls in saran wrap and chill in fridge 30-60 minutes (or overnight)
6. Preheat oven to 375F. Parchment paper to two cookie sheets or nonstick pans.
7. Unwrap the dough, lightly flour your work surface and roll out dough. ( you can roll out dough between two sheets of parchment paper to exclude using flour).
8.Stamp out with a heart cookie cutter.
9.Put half of them on one of the cookie trays.
10.For the remaining half ,stamp out the centres with a smaller heart shaped cutter and remove it.(save the dough). 
11. Place the heart rings on the other cookie sheet.
12. Bake until lightly golden brown. Brush tops with beaten egg white and sprinkle with superfine sugar.
13. Bake until lightly golden brown and glossy. Let cool on sheets for a few minutes and then transfer to cookie racks.
(Continue steps 7-13 for the other half of the dough)

Filling And Assemble:

Beat butter and icing sugar together in a large bowl. Until smooth and fully combined.Spread butter cream icing over the whole cookie and top with a little jelly/jam.Place the heart ring on top and press gently together.Repeat.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...