Skip to main content

Father's Day Fulled With Homemade Pizza And Cookies


 Father's Day began with me and my sister serving breakfast to our parent's and giving our creative cards to our dad.My sister gave him a shirt and my plan was to make him a apple cake for dessert;however that's not how it worked out because I so tired and ended up falling asleep for a while. So my mom ended up baking the apple cake and I made dinner along with a sweet treat later in the day. I chose to make two thin crust pizzas and chocolate chip sugar cookies.


In the time I was making the cookie dough my sister phoned my mom and invited all of us to her place for a Father's day dinner.So I began to rush to finish up the cookies and prepare the pizzas to be cooked at my sister's because there wouldn't be enough time. At my sister's the pizza's came out wonderfully along with the delicious food she made for the dinner.The pizza was eating all up and so were the 2 dozen cookies I made.I was very happy that everyone liked the baking and it certainly was a day fulled with good food. I had a good time spending time with family and just relaxing in the nice weather were having here.



The pizza I made was a delicious thin crust from a high school recipe I kept and it was really easy to make.My toppings that I chose were  Hawaiian style and a variation of onion,meat,peppers and cheese.They were both really delicious with their great chewy,soft and crunchy texture of dough and their wonderful different flavor combination.I was very satisfied with this pizza dough recipe and will use it again in the future.



The cookies were a simple sugar cookie recipe with an added bonus of milk chocolate chips.The great thing about this recipe is you don't have to chill the dough and you can go ahead and bake them right away. However if you want to make cut outs, I advise to chill the dough for 30 minutes just to keep the shape.These cookies had a crunchy and slightly soft texture,but I do advise when you put them in a cookie tin place a piece of bread with them so they keep some softness and moisture. These are definitely a reliable recipe to get the taste and texture of a sugar cookie.They have the chocolate sweetness and the mild sugar flavor. They were eaten pretty quickly with my family around and got positive compliments to both recipes. So try these recipes out yourself and  I promise you won't be disappointed.


What I Did :

Pizza:
  • Used my own toppings: First pizza:ham,pineapple and cheese.Second pizza:onion,peppers,Smokey slices and cheese.

Thin Crust Pizza( Written By Me,High School Recipe)

Original Yields- 1 lg  round pizza
For My Version: Double the recipe equals 2 lg round pizza
Printable Version

300ml  all purpose flour
8ml Rapid mix yeast or quick active yeast
2ml salt
125ml warm water
8ml oil
125ml tomato sauce
2ml garlic
2ml Italian spice
1ml hot chili
200ml mozzarella
Toppings of your choice.

1.Add 125ml of the flour to bowl, add salt.Set aside 175ml of the flour.
2.Sprinkle yeast on dry, stir.
3.Pour warm water over yeast mixture, stir for 2 minutes till smooth.
4.Slowly add the remaining flour and stir into a ball
5.Knead for 5 minutes, till combined
6.Lightly oil the pizza pan.
7.Roll you dough out with rolling pin
8.Place on pizza pan, make a little crust and let rise for 10 minutes
9.Measure tomato sauce, pour into bowl and add your spices
10.Grate mozzarella cheese
11.After pizza dough is risen add the toppings and bake at 425F for 10- 15 minutes.

Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies (Student Dem, high school recipe)
Printable Version

125 ml margarine or butter
125ml sugar
125ml icing sugar
1 egg
5ml vanilla
575ml all purpose flour
7ml baking soda
2ml cream of tartar
2ml salt
250ml chocolate chips

1.Cream butter.sugar and icing sugar in a large bowl.
2. Beat in eggs and vanilla
3.Add flour,baking soda, cream of tartar,and salt, beat together.
4.Mix in chocolate chips
5.Roll into small balls and flatten.Lightly grease cookie sheet and place dough on sheet
6.Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.

Comments

  1. It was a really fun day with a great variety of foods :) Should do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good. I'm a pretty good cook and can bake so amazing cakes, but I never made my own pizza, I think the time has come, I might borrow this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great!
    It reminds me when I visited Argentina, and the hosting families of the Buenos Aires apartments we stayed, they used to cook this kind pizza, not to buy it in anywhere.
    So now I want to cook one my self!
    Thanks for this post, and wish me good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing your ideas and opinions, so join in the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...