Skip to main content

Birthday Cake!

 
I made this delicious carrot cake for my mom's 53rd birthday party. I made a cream cheese frosting and topped it with sliced almonds and sprinkled the middle with chocolate shavings. The almonds I used were from a package and I made up my own chocolate shavings by using a vegetable peeler on a Hershey chocolate bar. For short shaving I kept the bar cold and for larger curler strands I made it room temp.It was lots of fun to create this cake and this is now the second time I've used this recipe. It's not difficult at all to make and definitely recommend it for cake beginners.I am still in the stage of beginners in cakes, so good luck everyone in their cake adventures!

Comments

  1. I have not made that I ate a carrot cake either.
    It looks so nice.
    I want to eat that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom must have been so happy! I think that homemade gifts are the best and this cake of yours is a masterpiece! It looks very good :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing your ideas and opinions, so join in the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...