Skip to main content

Fresh Peach Cobbler



I officially made my first fruit cobbler using fresh ripe peaches, Yum.I highly recommend using fresh fruit for this cobbler because fresh is so much more flavorful and you have more control over sweetness rather then can.I also recommend to always check the amount of sugar for fillings in recipes, especially if you change the amount of fruit. For this reason is many people have different preference in sweetness and you don't want to ruin a perfectly good cobbler with to much sugar.I actually thought I ruined this cobbler at first by making that same mistake,I don't recommend it .It did come out pretty sweet when hot or warm, but thankfully the next day the sugar absorbed it self into the topping and became mild.Don't worry about the recipe below though because I made the necessary adjustments to the measurements to keep it balanced.

The buttermilk cobbler topping was perfectly scrumptious.It was soft, fluffy, crumbly and absorbed the filling flavor so well.The topping did need a slight adjustment though.I had to add a little more flour to create a soft dough;however I think this happened because I used a buttermilk replacement hence not being as thick.Beside that it was pretty simple to create.

The filling was pretty sweet at first, but with the sugar adjustment made it will be perfectly fine now. It's quite a thick smooth filling and the peaches are so soft,lovely texture overall.So what I really learned from this recipe is how to create a simple cobbler and to cautiously make changes.

Anyways its now the end of the week and I see some more baking for this weekend in the works. Also a parcel came to the house today, but no one was around to sign for it since I slept in.So must go to the nearest Canada post to pick it up tomorrow or on Monday. Must be a big parcel if I have to sign for it and it must be one of my giveaway wins! Super excited since I know what it is! I'll keep it a secret since I'll be sharing with all of you once I receive it. Everyone have a great upcoming weekend.If your in B.C celebrate the awesome warm weather were having now in September.



Peach Cobbler

Filling
6 fresh peaches(3 cups)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon flour

Crust 
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons brown sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2/3 cup milk plus 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice (buttermilk replacement)
1/4 cup flour

Oven on to 425 F.Place 6 peaches in a large pot of boiling water for 30- 60 seconds. Drain and peel off the skins. Remove pits and slice all peaches. Place sliced peaches in a shallow medium sized glass dish.

In a small bowl mix the brown sugar,cinnamon, vanilla and flour.Sprinkle it on the peaches and mix slowly.Bake for 10 minutes.

In a medium sized bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and brown sugar. Use a pastry blender to cut in the butter to make the texture of bread crumbs.

Mix lemon juice and milk in a liquid measure to create a buttermilk replacement. Mix buttermilk into the dry mixture to form a soft dough. If to liquidity mix in 1/4 cup of flour to help form the soft dough.


Remove the fruit dish from the oven and begin to drop large round scoops of dough on the filling. Place in the oven and bake until topping is golden and filling is bubbling.About 18- 20 minutes.Serve when warm with whip cream or ice cream. Its very good the next day cold or heated up.


Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...