Skip to main content

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

As most of you know,I recently received a PAM baking package, which I won from Leslie Loves Veggies.(see previous post). In this prize,it included one package of Chipts Special Dark Chocolate Chips, which I have never tried before from Hershey until just recently. Anyways, I want to share with all of you my thoughts on these chocolate chips in a recipe since you may of never tried them before.


Well to tell you pretty simply I was very pleased by this Hershey product.These were some pretty scrumptious chocolate chips all on their own.They had a great balance of dark chocolate and sweetness.I may even like them more then Hershey's milk chocolate or semisweet.I actually had a few of these just before stirring them into the dough and it really excited me in trying out these cookies.It made me even more excited because I took it one step further and added Chipts White Chocolate Chips along with it.However now I only wish I had more at the time when I made these cookies.

I also can't forget to mention that I'm very grateful to the sponsors for sending these Hershey products because I know they certainly aren't cheap.So I'm savoring as much as I can for baking and I only used about a cup of dark chocolate chips for these cookies.Now I have leftovers for another recipe!

Now all of you reading these probably want to hear about the recipe? yes?


Well to explain this recipe I have to tell you first about the ideas I had in planning what cookie I wanted to make.At first I wanted to make the original cookie from the Robin Hood website that used mint extract to create a double chocolate chip mint cookie. I really liked this idea;however my brain thought how about eliminate the cocoa and add green food coloring to create a chocolate chip mint cookie.I loved this idea even more and was set to make it;however the idea fell through because I was out of luck for the mint exact. Lucky though, with this recipe I was able to easily change the flavoring to vanilla. This idea will have to be used next time!I definitely recommend to try out these ideas for yourself.If you got that mint exact,use it, use it!

Even though some of my ideas fell flat I was still able to change and add some difference to the recipe.Such as using vanilla flavoring along with adding dark and white chocolate chips.This is the best chocolate combination, but I don't really need to tell you that, you already know.


The flavor of the cookies are exactly how they look.Chocolaty, rich cookie dough paired with all those chocolate chips.Oh! talking about it makes me want one and its to bad they were eaten so fast.Must of been really good! The texture is really good as well,a soft and chewy cookie with just enough thickness to match well with the chocolate chips. These cookies are also clocked full of chocolate chips, which makes it seem more like eating chocolate then a cookie, but there's nothing wrong with that. 

The recipe is pretty simple to follow even with my small changes. You will see my changes in the recipe below, but I've also given everyone options if they don't have the ingredients in the list.Also,I've provided the original recipe link if you want to make those.The only aspect I disagree with the original recipe is the baking time. I find 12-15 minutes way to long I even  baked one batch of cookies at 8 minutes and the edges still overcooked, so I had to adjust the time for the below recipe.However dark cookies are always a little hard to tell if their overdone or underdone.You really need to watch them carefully and going by their time isn't going to help.I've also mentioned all these tips and others in the recipe below.I prefer offering them all in the recipe since most of you are here to try out the recipe.

Well I hope you like the recipe as much as I did! I'm a bit scattered brained in writing this post so bare with me with any mistakes.Enjoy the rest of the weekend!


Double Chocolate Chip Cookies ( Adapted From Double Chocolate Mint Cookies,Robin Hood)

3/4 cup Parkay soft margarine,hard margarine or butter
1 1/2 cup white sugar and 1 tbsp molasses (or 1 1/2 cup brown sugar)
2 large eggs
1/2  tsp vanilla extracts
1/2 tsp table salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa,sifted
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup Chipts special dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup - 1/2 cup Chipts White Chocolate Chips (optional)

I preheated the oven to 375F. I chose to greased a nonstick pan with PAM baking spray(Be sure not to spray to much!). You can also grease using shortening,lard etc.

I put the electric hand mixer on low and creamed the butter, white sugar and molasses together in a large bowl,till fully combined and creamy.(The mixture will be light brown and no traces of molasses)

I then creamed in the eggs,vanilla and salt till combined.I slowly added in the flour,sifted cocoa and baking soda, beat on low.I stirred in 1 cup of dark chocolate chips and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips.White chocolate chips are optional.

Drop by tbsp on greased cookie sheet(use a tbsp measure, this really helps each cookie to bake evenly)

Bake in a preheated oven for 6-7 minutes.Remove from oven when the edges are set and not overly dark.Top of cookies will be slightly set, but remember they will continue to bake while cooling.So carefully watch them.If the edges are set they are time to come out even if the tops look underdone. Dark cookies are especially hard to time by look so its better to be safe then sorry.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...