Skip to main content

Delicious Cherry Delights


Right now you are probably thinking these are cherry tarts; however you be surprised like I am that their actually in the cookie family called cherry delights, Why is this?  Well most of us think of cookies as all looking the same or basically the same characteristics. This time the recipe has turn this cookie upside down and sideways by simply changing shape. Its a really creative way by basically making a cup like shape and adding a filling.They may look difficult to prepare, but their just as simple as a drop cookie, just dressed up more.Impressive while being the easiest to make.


This recipe was a big hit to the one's that tried them and I'll tell you now that their impossible to save, even if you tried to they be gone in a flash. They will be liked by many on their unique look and of course their delicious taste/texture. I say they be great for a small dessert at a dinner party or to give to guests as a treat. Let them think you were slaving over the oven making these delicious impressive morsels :P


To this recipe the dough is the most important element to the delights and becomes a tender base. They have to be watched carefully to have even amount of baking.  I noticed these treats are bested slightly golden brown or palish yellow color as long as the dough springs back and doesn't look doughy. The time of 10 minutes for baking is pretty good to go by for the oven I used;however I still recommend to stay in the kitchen closely to monitor them. You don't want to over-bake these delights because their to good to mess up. Even another trick I did was to rotate pans to prevent uneven baking which wasn't even said in the recipe, but I added it.

For the sweetness portion of these cookies could of  been anything from a jam,jelly or even a homemade filling. I however went with a non homemade filling by using the next best thing, a glazed cherry pie filling :D. I thought this filling would bring great flavor, texture and color to the overall cookie, plus its my favorite pie filling :P. I even went one step further and went with the addition of chopped almonds when filling the cups. I even garnished the tops once they were done baking .Cherry's and almonds fits so well together and you wouldn't of even thought they could, but when you think about almond extract and maraschino cherries you begin to understand.


I love the overall appearance of these delights and I don't even think the camera captures it all from reality.Its pretty close though that it almost makes you want to reach your hand into the screen and steal one. If I had that ability I let everyone try one;however I end up with empty pictures and no treats, but I be adored for letting people try haha my crazy ideas lol.

I love the flavor and texture of these tiny delights.The base is wonderfully tender and a slight sweetness that pairs so well with thick glazed cherry filling. The cherries are the powerful flavor in these treats while the cookie gives great texture. They both need to be together to create something delicious while being so different from each other. I can imagine many other fillings being very good in this recipe such as lemon or blueberry fillings etc. I already mention that I may make this recipe again as a lemon meringue and I think it will work out really well. I'll definitely keep this in the recipe fault and experiment with new addition. Maybe even homemade fillings..... Yum :P


Cherry Delights (Adapted From Delights, Company's Coming Cookies)

1/2 cup margarine (butter)
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 can cherry pie filling (Its not all used)
1 pkg almond sliced. chop smaller

Beat margarine and sugar in medium bowl, Beat in eggs one at a time, till combined.
Mix in flour and baking powder, till combined.
Grease mini muffin tins (2 tins are the best).(Shortening)
Form round balls slightly smaller then the muffin cups.
Makes about 36 or more.
Place round balls in greased muffin tin.Press all sides and create a cup shape.(Try to be even in thickness and don't worry about edges reaching the top completely because they will rise)
Add a little bit of chopped almond to each bottom.
Open 1 can of cherry pie filling.
Add 1-2 cherries to each cup and fill with glaze. Do not over flow, but just add enough.
The leftover cherry pie filling will be poured in a rubber maid container for future use in another recipe.
Oven to 350F,bake for 10 minutes till edges are lightly yellow/golden.(Rotating pans will help with baking evenly and prevent being over-baked
Sprinkle tops with more chopped almonds (Preference on how much)
Enjoy!!





Comments

  1. Those cherry sweets look so pretty and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the look of your cookies. They would be perfect for a sophisticated tea or a nice little party. Great idea. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing your ideas and opinions, so join in the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...