Skip to main content

Super Sweet Chocolate, Peanut Butter And Jam Cupcakes! :D


I baked these lovely vegan cupcakes again because there so deliciously moist and is a favorite cake to many. This time though I made my own additions to the recipe for something new and challenging. For my challenge I added a new filling combination,which was a strawberry jam paired with a peanut butter filling.If that doesn't tell you these cupcakes are rich keep reading what else I did lol.

The peanut butter filling was pretty simple to whip up and its important to always sift the icing sugar to prevent lumps.For the filling I took it from another part of a recipe and collided with this one for something different. For the jam that was my own idea and basically you can use any of your favorite jams. My jam had actual chunks of strawberry,so yummy :), really great for the center of a cupcake.



These cupcakes have to be dealt with very carefully, especially when adding the filling. You don't want to much added because this can cause bubbling of jam or p.b. I had some trouble with this for some of the cupcakes and I recommend using very small amounts like 1/2 tsp of each would be alright. Its not a big deal if this happens because there perfectly edible and you can easily cover it up if you like too.

For me I didn't want to stop there so I made some icing to top these delicious cupcakes. I took a basic egg white icing and change it to a chocolate icing by approximated how much cocoa I wanted. Then I took it to the next level and mixed in the leftover peanut butter filling. If you find that this is to much peanut butter flavor, you can easily add some more cocoa or save the filling for something else.I ended up with less peanut butter filling because I put more filling in the center which did cause some bubbling.I experience while I was making this icing it became very thick easily so I just added some water to help it out and reach the consistence that I wanted.


When finishing these cupcakes I made sure they were perfectly cool before icing because you never want it to begin melting off your cakes and having a complete mess. When I frost I didn't use any pipping bags all I use was a icing spatula and added a whole a lot of icing, probably to much lol. Well I didn't want to waste any icing and it probably gave everyone that ate one a sugar rush. This icing though is a great consistence for frosting cupcakes and for using it for piping bags. It works very well for a inform shapes on these cakes.

When I try one of these cakes it reminded me at first of  a peanut butter and jam sandwich because of the filling and then I was hit with a rich sweet chocolate/ P.b icing. This cake is as wonderful as always, its moist and not to rich which helps balance out all the rich components. These cakes however are highly rich and sweet. These are not recommend for people that cant have lots of sugar.I even got a sugar rush from these, which I very rarely get so its definitely something you only want to make once in a while lol :)

So enjoy your cupcakes and put your own spin on your favorite cupcake recipe :)


Chocolate, Peanut Butter And Jam Cupcakes 
(Adapted from Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes, Martha Stewart's Cupcakes)

1 1/2 cup cake flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup cold water
Icing sugar
Strawberry jam/ any favorite jam

Peanut Butter Filling(Adapted from Peanut Butter-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes, Martha Stewart Cupcakes)

4 tbsp margarine, melted
1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Cupcakes:
1. 350F, Line cupcake or muffin tin.
2. Sift together cake flour, white sugar, cocoa powder, b.s and salt in medium bowl, set a side.
3. Beat on med-high speed in a large bowl the oil, vinegar, vanilla and water until combined.
4. Add flour mix, beat till smooth (thin batter)
5. Open up strawberry jam jar and scoop large amount on to a small plate.
6. Add batter to each liner,about less then three quarters full.

Peanut Butter Filling:
In medium bowl,beat together ingredients till smooth. Be sure to sift in icing sugar to prevent lumps. Use filling right away. (Leftovers will be for frosting)

7.Add about 1/2 tsp of  peanut butter filling to each center and then 1/2 tsp jam on top. Then proceed to cover each with more batter, till filling no longer visible. (Be sure not to add to much jam or peanut butter because during baking it can bubble out of the cupcake. If it does its not a big deal.That's what icing/ frosting for.)

8.Bake for 20-25 minutes and be sure to rotate pans halfway through for even baking.
9. Use toothpick test, when done, remove and cool on a rack.
10. Once completely cool. Frost
(3 days stored at room temp, frozen for 1 month)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Egg White Royal Icing (Adapted Egg White Royal Icing)

3 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
4 cups icing sugar

Separate eggs.
Add whites to a medium bowl. Beat whites and cream of tartar till it forms stiff peaks.
Beat in 1 cup icing sugar at a time till smooth.

Chocolate: Sift in spoonfuls of cocoa, beating in. Till you find your right preference of flavor.When icing gets to stiff, add a little water and beat in till it becomes smooth again.
Peanut butter: Beat in leftover peanut butter filling till smooth.



Comments

  1. Oh I so want to bite into one of your cupcakes and taste that yummy filling in the middle. Thanks for linking these up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing your ideas and opinions, so join in the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...