I made these cute little treats for my nephew's super hero birthday party that was last Saturday. He loves Super Mario so I thought I do a themed lollipop cookie and spruce it up with an idea of being a plant.
I have seen so many really creative cookies and stands all over the internet. So I really wanted to try it out for myself for the first time and surprisingly it was really easy to make.
To set up the stand I took a planter that was around outside and fixed it up. I found a piece of Styrofoam in a flower stand and placed it in the middle of the planter, which was the best thing for the lollipops to stick into to stay up. I also used some plastic goodie bags, cut them in half and used them as wrappers along with some ribbon to tie. I then added in some green and purple raffia to cover up the Styrofoam, which can be done after or before putting the lollipop cookies in.Pretty simple right? plus you can add your own special ideas.
For a closer look you can see I put a special little note on the planter for the party :). If only these cookies really gave you the powers in super Mario. Well maybe the star power, hence the sugar rush going straight to your head making you jumpy. :). I cant promise aerobatic moves though lol.Now I really want to make those little bomb guys, too cute
Now on to the fun edible part of this creation.
Yummy!
I made the ideal sugar cookie from Martha Stewart and they were perfect. They are the basic cookie everyone loves,plus stable and strong for lollipop cookies.I also used a easy royal icing with the exception of lemon. It was great for decorating.Super fun to make and so easy :).
To use them I place them on rolled out dough and took a sharp knife to cut out the shapes, pretty easy :).
It was a lot of fun to create and challenge my decorating skills.They came out better then I thought they would. So now I feel like I can start pipping and decorating more.I also want to make more thing with lollipop sticks. Chocolates, cakes,brownies etc....