Skip to main content

Happy Halloween With Spooky Treats!

 Happy Halloween Everybody!

To celebrate all that is spooky and frightful.I'm showcasing Krysta's Halloween drawing of me and Dave. She made us a bride and groom,but killed us off and we somehow came back as zombies.I figured she never really wanted us to rest in peace and just wandering around eating brains all night. Watch your artistic brain there,were comming for it next. Thats all were thinking about now!


Woooo! Look at these creepy silhouettes on my chocolate cupcakes.My spider's seem to really love these just as much as the bloody bones.That creepy crawly spider has strangely become my favorite of the bunch and I find it crazy that all of these are just simply made using Wilton stencils and icing sugar. This shows that you really don't need any frosting for cupcakes,especially chocolate ones.

These spooky cakes are actually to good for frosting and I find it would only take something away from it.However candy or icing sugar is a good choice to dress up these cupcakes. I actually had a lot of fun with creating these with some help from my sister.I realized by the first try you really need some help holding down the stencils to get a good print.So if using these for cupcakes always get some extra help in the kitchen.


This kind of cupcake is actually my favorite because it so chocolaty and moist.I've made these before and reviewed them in a  past post.Do you remember the wacky or vegan cupcakes?Well if you don't, they are the simplest cake you could ever make.I'm not a vegan, but I sure do like wacky ideas. Its such a well known recipe now that it doesn't seem to be wacky anymore.However I think its a recipe more known for saving the expensive ingredients for something else. No eggs or butter!,craziness.Yes! I'm telling the truth here.Only shows that you really don't need these ingredients to make a good cupcake.They are impressive cakes and are a big favorite of many.

I have to give a top rating again for these cupcakes.They are all so chocolaty rich and surprisingly they only use 1/4 cup of cocoa.They are light and airy with great flavor. I have nothing even bad to say about these and the stencils are now my favorite baking item to work with. So lucky I have Christmas stencils to use for when the holiday roll around.Its coming up close everyone!. But for now.......


Everyone havecreepy and safe Halloween!

Creepy Silhouette Cupcakes 
(Adapted from Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes, Martha Stewart's Cupcakes)

1 1/2 cup cake flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup cold water
Icing sugar
Halloween cupcake/cookie stencils ( Option:Wilton's)

1. 350F, Line cupcake or muffin tin.
2. Sift together cake flour, white sugar, cocoa powder, b.s and salt in medium bowl, set a side.
3. Beat on med-high speed in a large bowl the oil, vinegar, vanilla and water until combined.
4. Add flour mix, beat till smooth (thin batter)
5. Open up strawberry jam jar and scoop large amount on to a small plate.
5. Add batter to each liner,about less then three quarters full.
6.Bake for 20 minutes and be sure to rotate pans halfway through for even baking.
7. Use toothpick test, when done, remove and cool on a rack.Cake tops should spring back when touched.
8. Once completely cool.Add icing sugar to sifter.One at a time place stencil on cupcake.May need some help from another to hold it down.Then sift the icing sugar on top till you no longer see the top of the cupcake.Remove stencil and place in fridge.
(3 days stored at room temp, frozen for 1 month)


Comments

  1. I like this recipe a lot, it is one of my favourites now after i`ve tried it this morning and it was very good, thanks for sharing and also thanks for your good explanations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing your ideas and opinions, so join in the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...