Skip to main content

Pecan Caramel Fudge Brownies


This is my favorite brownie recipe thus far. Its chocolaty, chewy and best of all fudgy. I do prefer fudge like brownies then ones with cake texture. I have used these recipe quite a few times since I found it online and I keep using it,so I must love it. Every time I make them I change it or put additions. This time I mixed in chopped pecans and caramel filling. I had leftover caramel filling from the chocolates I made so instead of wasting it I thought I add it to the next recipe.Best of all it fits in a brownie recipe and gives that sticky, crunchy, rich texture.


At first I wanted to create a layered affect with caramel oozing out the middle with brownie in between. That sounds like a yummy image and description doesn't it ? :P.However I found out at the time I needed a brownie batter that was thicker and less liquidity to achieve this affect. Thus the brownie needed to be more cake like then fudgy. 

What happened with me was when the caramel filling was added on the bottom layer it ended up mixing into the batter because it was the same consistency just slightly thicker.So when you see that happening you know you haven't achieve a layer and it wont stay in one place. At first I said to myself I should of thought this recipe through before trying. But I went with what I had and mixed it into the pan and added my chopped pecan and cover it with more batter. I even added more pecan to the top when it was almost done baking.In the end I created a pecan caramel brownie thus a turtle brownie :D. These brownies are best served the next day while being placed in  fridge. It stays together in form better and a fudgy texture is best cold, Yummy :P.


It was still delicious in flavor and texture even if I didn't achieve what I first set out to create, but its all about experimenting and creating something out of what you have. Its not good to waste product and everyone that bakes or loves to do it  knows what I'm talking about. It is always frustrating when mistakes are made or doesn't turn how you wanted them too. The best advice I can give from someone that has felt this way is to try again and learn what you did wrong.Plus sometimes you end up making mistakes that create something even better or something you can use for another recipe. The creative ideas are endless as along as you dont give up on your self.



1 cup butter,softened
2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
4 eggs,
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cups cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
Pkg chopped pecans or bulk pecans (chop)
(Melted candy wrapped caramels with evaporated milk) 

1. Measure butter and cut into smaller pieces.
2. Use a medium sized pot and melt butter. Medium heat. When melted, take off heat. (place towel on surface for the pot to sit)
3.Whisk in sugar. Then add eggs and vanilla.
4. Sift in flour,cocoa, baking powder and salt. Mix gently till smooth and combined.
5.Oven to 350F.
6. Grease 9 inch square glass pan and flour,1 tbsp.(Tap flour over sink till the inside of pan is covered)
7. Fill pan about half way of brownie batter. Let set.
8. Pour caramel filling over top of batter evenly and quickly.Sprinkle pecans over top (your preference on how much)
9. Pour the rest of the brownie batter till caramel is no longer seen.
10 Bake for 40 minutes, before brownies are done baking sprinkle some more pecan to the top.Toothpick test (Few crumbs is perfect)
11. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
12. Once cooled enough to handle place in fridge.
13. These brownies are best eaten the day and cold
14 Their may be some difficulty with removing the brownies due to the caramel sometimes steeping to the bottom. ( if you like you can use parchment paper that may help)



Comments

  1. Those looks absolutely delicious Berendina! I agree, I would rather fudgy brownies to the cake kind. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer fudgy brownies to the cake-like ones, too. It's just so wonderful to have a moist fudgy piece of brownies on your tongue and feeling it melting and all the chocolate...yum! Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gooey caramel in a brownie? You've created a masterpiece. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing your ideas and opinions, so join in the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...