Skip to main content

Anyone Up For A Piece Of Banana Bread

  
Anyone up for some good old fashion banana bread especially with chocolate chips scattered within the tasty treat, well I sure was today. Don't you love the smell of banana bread baking in the oven its such a lovely intoxicating smell that reminds you about how you have to appreciate the good things in life and the genuine art all around us. Such as something as simple as banana bread baking in an oven to cheer some one up.

When banana bread came to mind I pictured right away a recipe in my book "The Big Book Of Baking" that I knew would be really quick to make so I could have that delightful and delicious treat in my hands to devour.The recipe was a simple plain banana bread, but I knew myself that chocolate chips were a must in this recipe. Banana bread could pretty much have anything added to it  such as nuts,dry fruits, or something you like.

This banana breads texture is soft,moist, and chewy along with its flavor combination of banana,cinnamon, and chocolate.Altogether you have a warm, moist and sweet treat for yourself.


Chocolate Chip Banana Loaf ( Adapted Plain Banana Bread, The Big Book Of Baking)
(Printable Recipe)

Butter,for greasing
1 3/4 cup white self rising flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 large ripe or over ripe bananas,peeled
2 eggs,beaten
3 tbsp of canola oil

1)Oven to 350F.
2)Grease 9inch  loaf pan.
3)Mix flour,sugar,salt, and spices into a large bowl.
4)In a small bowl, mash bananas,stir in eggs and oil.
5)Add mixture to dry ingredients, mix well with a wooden spoon
6)Pour batter into loaf pan 
7)Bake for 1 hour,toothpick test.
8)Let cool in pan.Turn out the loaf,slice and serve warm.

Comments

  1. The banana bread looks great! I always found it great for breakfast and/or with a coffee. My favorite recipe for banana bread comes from mom. She gave it to me a long time ago, i'll bring over a copy sometime :)

    Do you have plans set for your easter baking? Should I bring over my little guy to help you? He says "Hi Aunty!"

    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing your ideas and opinions, so join in the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...