Skip to main content

Blueberries And Cheesecake,Cant Miss This


I have been looking through this recipe book made from a u-pick blueberry farm called Steld Farm. My family went up there to get some blueberries and did they ever get a ton of berries.So I decided to make something with the blueberries and I chose cheesecake dreams ,which are pretty much smaller pieces of cake.


I was really happy to find out that this recipe didn't use whipping cream since every recipe I have found had something related to it. I was disappoint when I read that these cheesecake slices didn't  actually have any fresh berries to them and only blueberry jam. So I changed it up and replaced the  jam with a homemade blueberry filling I made from previous baking and then added some of the extra blueberries from that to the top.I think my changes actually made it better and even more delicious looking,.The blueberries on the top seem to catch a person's eye and let them know what kind of berries are added to them.

These slices have a wonderful caramel flavored crumble base that spins off so well with the other layers..The blueberry sauce gives a smooth and thick texture, but as well a deep color and sweetness.The cheesecake filling brings a lot of moisture,smoothness and rich lemony flavor that balances so well with the blueberries. Altogether in one treat is like a explosion of flavor in your mouth.I recommend trying it out and bringing your own touches to the treat like I did

I am a lover of cheesecake and a lover of chocolate. I think I may have to make a chocolate cheesecake soon.Umm maybe for my 20th birthday this year, sounds like an great idea


Blueberry Cheesecake Dreams(slices) ( Adapted From "Blueberries unlimited" Steld Farm Recipe Book in Ladysmith)


Printable Version

Base :
1/4 cup melted margarine         
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour

Filling: 1/3 cup blueberry jam(or homemade blueberry filling)

Topping:1/4 cup sugar
             1 250g.pkg. cream cheese
             1 egg
             2 tbsp milk
             1 tbsp lemon juice
             1 tsp vanilla
             Extra blueberries


Mix  base ingredients together & save 1/3 cup for top.
Pat  remaining crumbs into bottom of 9 inch pan.Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until firm to touch.
Spread blueberry jam(or homemade filling) over base evenly.
Beat cream cheese & sugar together.Add egg,milk,lemon juice and vanilla,beat.
Pour over base.Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.( Add fresh or frozen blueberries on top)
Bake 25-30 minutes at 350F.Cool ,cut into 2 inch squares,cut each square diagonally in half.

Comments

  1. No, I would not want to miss this. They look so scrumtious, I wish they'd jump off the screen into my mouth 8). And I love your substitution of a fresh blueberry filling rather than a jam though I do love me a good PB & blueberry J sandwich.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing your ideas and opinions, so join in the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...