Skip to main content

Carrots Anyone?


 On Wednesday evening my cold began to let up and I felt better enough to try out some new baking.I really wanted to make some cookies so I looked into a book called company's coming-cookies and I came across these neat carrot cookies.These are a simple drop cookie with the major taste factor being the carrots and dried fruits;however they can have anything added extra such as variety of dried fruits,chocolate chips,or nuts.


These cookies have a great light golden appearance along with in tensing color of orange.There texture is chewy and crunchy with a cake like interior.They have a delicious cinnamon spice and fruit like flavor.In my opinion they are a cookie that tastes like carrot cake,which is a favorite of mine so I was pleased and so was the people around me.This recipe makes about 3 dozen or less depending on what size you like them to be.I doubled the recipe to make more because I knew cookies go quickly around here. I was very pleased with how simple and delicious these cookies were.Plus a cookie recipe doesn't have to be difficult to bake elegant delicious cookies for yourself. So enjoy and try them out.


What I Did:
  • Doubled the recipe

Carrot And Fruit Cookies (Adapted From Carrot Cookies,Company's Coming Cookies)
(Printable Recipe)

1/2 cup butter or margarine,softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
Cooked,mashed carrots(or freshly grated carrot)
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup raisins
1 cup cranberry

1.Cream butter and sugar in large bowl,beat in egg.
2. Stir in carrot,milk and vanilla
3.Add flour, oats,baking powder,salt,cinnamon,raisins and cranberries(Add other dried fruit that you like)
4.Drop dough by spoonful onto nonstick pan or greased cookie sheet
5.Bake at 375F, about 12- 15 minutes until slightly browned on edges.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...