Skip to main content

You Want To Get Your Hands On These Babies


On  the evening of Tuesday, I began to really crave some pizza pretzels or Italian pretzels that are at bakery's.It made me remember during high school at lunch time when me and my friends would go to a small bakery nearest to my school sometimes. I would always either get a  pizza pretzel or an Nanaimo bar ,but mostly a pretzel.They were so fresh,warm, flavorful and most of  all had a wonderful intoxicating scent resonating off the pretzel.


Since then I have had a love affair for pizza pretzels and trying my best to always make the ones I bake better then the last. I have not made pizza pretzels in a long time until now and these are the best so far I have made.  I think it definitely has to do with adding more spices/garlic and waiting for the yeast to dissolve completely.That is definitely a learning experience to not  rush yeast because the product will suffer and wont be as good in texture;however with these pretzels they did not suffer and came out wonderful.


In this recipe for Italian pretzels comes from my Italian food course which are made for smaller two hole pretzels and it makes about 6-8 with the original recipe.However its very simple to double the recipe to make about 12-16 altogether, which I always do every time I make them. The reason for that is because everyone in my family  loves them and always want more, so I make sure to double or even triple the recipe at times.These are great to serve at a social gathering especially at children party's because all kids love something pizza related I know I did and still do.They are also great to serve along at adult party's,at lunch,dinner,outside picnics or to sell at a bake sale.


These Italian pretzels have a lovely risen shape and colorful eye catching appearance.Its texture brings an important component to pretzels, which is a mixture of chewy,moist,soft and slightly crunchy.The taste of the pretzels is a combination of spicy,cheesy,savory and sweet.For the most important aspect of the pizza pretzel that brings it altogether to allure the eater is the wonderful scent that everyone knows about. Also, for the explanation of the recipe it is really simple to make and takes some time to roll and tye in pretzel shapes depending if your doubling or tripling the dough, but with the original recipe it shouldn't take very long time at all.

In the end, we have some delicious, mouthing watering baking item ready to be devoured in less then a day.
So try it out and face those fears in the kitchen because baking or cooking isn't really hard as along as we all put our minds to it and not give up till we have finished.So enjoy and experience some baking.

What I Did:
  • Double the ingredients.
  • Made 13 pretzels.

Italian Pretzel( Written By Berendina Dykema, Italian Food 11)
Printable Version

7ml yeast
175ml warm water
7ml sugar
1ml salt
500ml flour
125ml tomato sauce
1/2 clove garlic,minced
2ml Italian spice
125ml grated mozzarella

1. Measure warm water and sprinkle yeast on top.Let sit until yeast is completely dissolved and when mixed the water becomes the yeast color.
2.Add 250ml of the flour to the lg bowl, put aside the other 250ml of flour.Add sugar and salt,mix.
3.Once yeast water mixture is completely dissolved add to dry and mix.Add rest of flour gradually, stir, and form into a ball,slight knead it in bowl until no longer moist.
4.Flour working surface, cut dough into six to eight pieces.Roll each piece of dough into a rope, and tye into a pretzel shape with two holes.If you want three just cross the two ends and attach the pretzel.
5.Grease the pan ,place the pretzel on the pan and let sit to rise for 20 minutes
6.Measure tomato sauce and add minced garlic and Italian spice.Brush onto risen pretzel and then sprinkle grated mozzarella,making sure not to let cheese fall on to pan because it can burn.
7.Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and topping it nice and crispy and golden.

Comments

  1. These are wonderful!If you won't mind I'd love to guide foodista readers to your site.Just add your choice of Foodista widget at the end of this blog post and it's good to go.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing your ideas and opinions, so join in the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...